Sign in to follow this  
J@mes

Fly Sky FS-GT3B

The return spring in my TX steering wheel snapped. Had it 5 months & very little used in that time. Not dropped or damaged. Guess that’s the perils of cheap kit :(

Noflysky

I’ve got so many receivers for this I’ve just ordered another one. Might need a few spare. I could try a repair when the new one arrives. 

Anyone wlse had issues with these?

• Sad 1

Not familiar with those transmitters, but it's less than a year old. Have you contacted the store and asked for a fix or new unit under warranty?

I have had a lot of radios in my hands over the years, and springs usually break from prolonged wear. Sounds like something was initially wrong, And even if it's a budget radio, it is still perfectly acceptable to expect it to last more than 5-6 months.

• Like 1

I have the same exact transmitter, but mine has been fine.  

The folded part is the weak point in any spring.  I think a throttle return spring on Tamiya nitro engine broke on the same spot.  Even Tamiya spring fails.  

You might try to make a loop on the broken end (without such a sharp angle).  I often just pull out one loop from the broken end. I would not want half a circle, so I make sure to pull one complete circle.  More likely than not, it would work. Hopefully it would work in your case.  

WembgoG.jpg

thanks for the input guys.

@DK308 It was from ebay and all those niceties go out the window on a cheap import. Makes a good case for good old fashioned shop bought doesn't it?

@Jugglar You are thinking along the same line as me. Although I am very aware I will most probably not succeed & have a pile of bits at the end so I'll wait til the replacement shows up before I 'repair' it :lol:

• Like 1