ninyule

Pairing Tamiya RC car with FlySky FS-I6??

Hi chaps

I know the FS-i6 is meant for aircraft/helicopters, but I thought it was possible to use it with cars?? Needless to say, I can't get to work (fully).

I have a TL-01 chassis which I know is working (servo and motor). When I bind the transmitter to an FS-ia6B receiver, that works. Now the whole lot is controlled by a known working TBLE-02S ESC. Whatever I do with the transmitter, the steering works but there is no sign of life in the motor. 

I notice that the previous owner has updated the firmware to the hacked version that allows for 10 channels. Would I be better off resetting the unit to factory? Or should I abandon the transmitter and get a 'normal' two-stick jobbie?

I can't even get two channels to work! Help!!

11 minutes ago, ninyule said:

Hi chaps

I know the FS-i6 is meant for aircraft/helicopters, but I thought it was possible to use it with cars?? Needless to say, I can't get to work (fully).

I have a TL-01 chassis which I know is working (servo and motor). When I bind the transmitter to an FS-ia6B receiver, that works. Now the whole lot is controlled by a known working TBLE-02S ESC. Whatever I do with the transmitter, the steering works but there is no sign of life in the motor. 

I notice that the previous owner has updated the firmware to the hacked version that allows for 10 channels. Would I be better off resetting the unit to factory? Or should I abandon the transmitter and get a 'normal' two-stick jobbie?

I can't even get two channels to work! Help!!

I would definitely put it back to factory settings. There's nothing inherently wrong with using that transmitter. Plenty of people are using those types of controllers for surface RC's.

Also, if you use it for aircraft, I would personally never run some weird hacked firmware. No telling what it is, and a 4 kg plane coming down at 120 kph can do a lot of damage.

Have you considered switching to a pistol grip surface controller? I used stick controllers for years, but I'm sure glad I switched. Lot's of really well working but budget friendly controllers out there

Thanks for your reply - I think a reset is probably for the best. I have tried it with a different car and am getting the same result.

I tried a Spektrum DX-2E pistol but didn't really like twisting the little wheel.

Ideally I would like a twin-stick with display and memory, but the only one I can find is a Futaba for nearly 300 quid!!

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I did eventually work out the Ch3 and Mode settings after I wrote the second post...

....but what a newbie error! I followed the motor-to-esc wiring diagram in the TL-01 manual, instead of what is obviously a new revision in the ESC manual, ie yellow to yellow....duh...

What makes it even dafter is that I did it right in the first build, an M-05.

Anyway, all is now working and thanks to all for their kind assistance.

• Like 2

I've had the same problem with the FSi6, trying to work out which channel does what. It works great though and they have a lot of cool functions - we made a tank out of banggood bits and the tx really makes it, just fiddly to set up.

I like the Futaba 6K which to me looks really reasonable (about NZD300 so 150 quid) but it has all the same functions as the FSi6. Which Futaba set have you been looking at?

It was the Futaba 4GRS, the only 2.4GHz stick transmitter with memory and display on their website. The T6K is also a bit too expensive for me, although of course I am quite happy to spend 200 quid on a car! Duh...