Mokei Kagaku

2019 Supra in Tamiya's pipeline?

Tamiya announced on Twitter today that a full size Toyota Supra GR will be displayed in Tamiya's booth at the Shizuoka Hobby Fair in May.

I consider it very unlikely that this will be done unless Tamiya have model(s) of the car up their sleeve.  Stock or (Gazoo) Racing would both be very welcome, in my humble opinion.

https://www.facebook.com/mokeikagaku/photos/a.208102959316648/2012044842255775/?type=3&theater

58376834_2012044848922441_33741105924522

• Like 3

Great news! I love my Tamiya Toyota's and can always add another to the collection :)

Could be a 1:24th static kit, although I think almost all RC touring cars have been done as 1:24th statics first. 

6 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Tamiya announced on Twitter today that a full size BMW Z4, or rather Toyota's incredibly disappointing successor to the MkIV Supra, will be displayed in Tamiya's booth at the Shizuoka Hobby Fair in May.

FTFY ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, NWarty said:

FTFY ;)

Though I do, not everybody would agree. In fact, I recently read a "slightly" patriotic comparison of the Toyota "Z4 Coupe" and the BMW Z4 Roadster in a German car magazine. Of course they concluded that the BMW is better. Worse though, they claimed that Toyota, with the help of BMW, finally has a good engine for the Supra. :angry: My scream of anger could be heard in the "4-Zylinder" in Munich, but then again, I live only 70km from it. :P

58384107_10155906892532407_7361502262339

I doubt any BMW engine could be tuned to legendary horsepower numbers like the 2JZ from Toyota.  Toyota should have refreshed the MkIV drivetrain and put it in this car.  I'll stick with Tamiya's MkIV releases....  Heck, I'd even take a MkIII shell...  ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Though I do, not everybody would agree. In fact, I recently read a "slightly" patriotic comparison of the Toyota "Z4 Coupe" and the BMW Z4 Roadster in a German car magazine. Of course they concluded that the BMW is better. Worse though, they claimed that Toyota, with the help of BMW, finally has a good engine for the Supra. :angry: My scream of anger could be heard in the "4-Zylinder" in Munich, but then again, I live only 70km from it. :P

Germans seem to have unusual ideas of what makes a good engine these days (or cars for that matter).  I expected Toyota to bring BMW quality upwards but it seems to have dropped Toyota down.  I could just imagine BMW engineers talking to the Japanese about the MkIV Supra when designing the MkV.

BMW: "So why's this made of steel?"

Toyota: "Because plastic breaks and steel doesn't."

BMW: "Your cars don't break?  So how do you make money selling them parts?"

On 4/25/2019 at 8:34 PM, Mokei Kagaku said:

Of course they concluded that the BMW is better. Worse though, they claimed that Toyota, with the help of BMW, finally has a good engine for the Supra.

If America's 10-million-passenger- cars-per-year automobile industry had, at any point in the 20th century, decided that they wanted a share of the German market, they would have simply steamrolled over Germany's car makers, and those car makers knew it, all the way from their meager mass production beginnings right into the 21st century. 

So for over 60 years, the German automobile industry has been fighting a propaganda war, making absolutely certain that every German knows that Germans, and only Germans, know how to build cars. Not only US-made cars, but absolutely no foreign make of cars whatsoever even comes close, ever, that's a basic, unalterable fact of life, much like the laws of physics - reality notwithstanding. 

Forgive them, it's a mass mentality thing that's been cultivated for over half a century. 

Nice! Looks a lot better than APlastic's offering announced earlier this week.

Looks like Tamiya did some digging through the parts bin for the wheels though. Such a shame! Hope they will release some new wheels soon.

being a fan of supra's

this one is one ugly looking thing it looks like the gt86/brz thingy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, topforcein said:

being a fan of supra's

this one is one ugly looking thing it looks like the gt86/brz thingy 

Shhhh. That's insulting, the BRZ/FR-S is a beauty queen compared to the Monkey-nosed Sooprah ;)