Sign in to follow this  
ThunderDragonCy

Anyone want anything from Shapeways?

I have a couple of small parts I want to get but they cost barely more than the shipping, so if I order them alone they aren't really sensible. Does anyone want anything from Shapeways that I could order up as well and club together for postage. I'm in the UK so that would make most sense for forwarding on after they arrive.

Cheers!

• Like 1

I don’t atm but what a superb thought / offer.

You’re a gent @ThunderDragonCy - thank you 👍

We should do more of this guys - imagine the collective buying power of everyone on here ?

And our ability to help newbies avoid getting fleeced ?

i have a basket with 3 items waiting for me... is there any saving doing a bulk order if you have to send them on?!

If they don't have to be laser sintered I'm happy to do small prints for post cost on my works printers. We have a lot of down time atm. Mostly hips and abs as we've moved to printing carbon impreg and fibre reinforced nylon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J@mes said:

i have a basket with 3 items waiting for me... is there any saving doing a bulk order if you have to send them on?!

I guess it depends on value, but these parts I need are 9 bucks with 7 bucks postage. They would only cost a pound to send large letter in the UK. I guess if we split shipping I would save about a quid. Fair point! 

1 hour ago, Hobgoblin said:

If they don't have to be laser sintered I'm happy to do small prints for post cost on my works printers. We have a lot of down time atm. Mostly hips and abs as we've moved to printing carbon impreg and fibre reinforced nylon.

Thanks for these are c hubs for a runner so I could do with them being sintered. 

11 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:
1 hour ago, Hobgoblin said:

Thanks for these are c hubs for a runner so I could do with them being sintered. 

I would opt for the fibre reinforced nylon ;)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, waterbok said:

I would opt for the fibre reinforced nylon ;)

Not sure that is an option as I read it, but yes, that would be perfect.