Hibernaculum

"Formula Radio" - F1 drivers with R/C buggies

Sorry if this has already been shared somewhere, but if anyone is watching the 2019 F1 broadcast....  at each race they are getting two of the drivers to race off with some R/C buggies. I was mainly wondering if any of you here know what type of buggy these are. This one had a broken wing. I honestly have no idea, modern units all look the same to me...:blink:

1752192352_The_F1_Show.China_2019.RCBuggies(2).jpg.e654595b387ba45ee50d8df94bfab902.jpg

I have put the full video here of Kimi Raikkonen and Antonio Giovinazzi racing. https://rctoymemories.com/forum/topic/formula-radio-f1-drivers-with-r-c-cars/

Anyway, slightly amusing because F1 drivers can't drive :D They are keeping score of the winners though, presumably for some sort of race at the end of the season.

cheers,

H.

• Like 1

Cheap Chinese RTR’s is my guess, looking at the transmitters. Gear diff 4wd buggy, could be HSP or one of the many derivatives 

Good idea though

• Like 2

So, Senna really was the best, then:

ayrtonsenna_hotshot_1986_004.jpg?ssl=1

Although the story over on rctoymemories.com is that he broke this Hotshot, too!

• Like 4

Ayrton Senna was a true RC enthusiast...also flew Helicopters and fixed wing RC too..

Didnt Lewis Hamilton start off on Tamiyas at an early age?

1 hour ago, Palfertronic said:

Ayrton Senna was a true RC enthusiast...also flew Helicopters and fixed wing RC too..

Didnt Lewis Hamilton start off on Tamiyas at an early age?

There is footage of Lewis driving RC cars, on Blue Peter I think(UK television show for kids). 

On 4/28/2019 at 7:58 AM, Hibernaculum said:

Anyway, slightly amusing because F1 drivers can't drive :D

I think driving a turbo-hybrid F1 car might say otherwise! But I see where you are coming from RC wise.;) the only one I've seen was of the Racing Point drivers, I was not surprised by Lance Strolls driving...:rolleyes:

Kind of related but not F1, for those of you downunder, Shane Van Gisbegergen just won the NZ nitro 8th buggy offroad nationals. He started off racing rc before moving onto karts etc and now runs the V8 Supercars in Aus, but always comes back to NZ for rc champs when he can fit it in

That's awesome :)

Apologies, as a setting change had temporarily disabled the video at the link in my first post. It's enabled again if anyone wants to watch it.

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Kind of related but not F1, for those of you downunder, Shane Van Gisbegergen just won the NZ nitro 8th buggy offroad nationals. He started off racing rc before moving onto karts etc and now runs the V8 Supercars in Aus, but always comes back to NZ for rc champs when he can fit it in

Yeah the Giz is a regular at RC tracks here in Aus (again, when he’s not racing full scale either here or somewhere else in the world)

• Like 1