Mad Ax

Problems posting pics to showroom

Does anyone else have issues posting new entries or adding new ones?  Since rejoining a few years back I've had constant troubles with photo posts.  When I click to add or update it will go through the motion of uploading the photos and then quite often throw a 500 error on showroom_updatemodel_process.asp.  I figured it was probably a speed / timeout problem as reducing the number of photos added at a time seems to resolve it, but means I have to add my photos in batches.  It's not a showstopper as I can normally work around it, however today I'm trying to replace some photos on an entry and keep getting the same error over and over, even adding just one photo at a time.  I have successfully managed to replace the original 4 photos with new ones but trying to add a fifth keeps on failing.

Is it just me who has this?

Yes, as Truck Norris says, when I've had problems it's usually due to the captions too... for example, I tried replacing a photo recently and it just wouldn't change - until I deleted the original caption completely and then bingo! - there was the new photo!

Similarly, if the caption is too long as Truck Norris says, this can cause the error to flag up and the photos stop uploading...

These days I tend to up load the photos first (and only a few at a time) then add the captions afterwards, and that usually works.

Hope that helps...

Jenny x

• Thanks 1

Aah - good point!  Something like this happened a while ago when I was adding embedded photos and it was because my description was too long...  Could be a caption in this case - thanks!

Damian35 - Did this ever get resolved.  I have just tried updating photos as they were showing rotated and also replace a couple with new ones and some have worked others not. 

I can't get photos to work either. Tried to upload a new model today, but no dice...

I’ve had problems in the past if I’ve tried to load the whole thing at once as mentioned above. 
   What works for me is (on a MAC anyway) is to type in your title & description then add ONE photo tick the box at the bottom ‘add captions later’ (or something like that it says) then upload it. Once it’s in place click ‘Edit’ in the blue box to the top left, add up to 3 more photos but only ONE caption at a time that is no longer than the box it’s typed in. 
   Upload the just keep editing & adding no more than 3 photos at a time and seems to work fine. 
  Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 10:05 AM, Re-Bugged said:

What works for me is (on a MAC anyway) is to type in your title & description then add ONE photo tick the box at the bottom ‘add captions later’ (or something like that it says) then upload it. Once it’s in place click ‘Edit’ in the blue box to the top left, add up to 3 more photos but only ONE caption at a time that is no longer than the box it’s typed in. 
   Upload the just keep editing & adding no more than 3 photos at a time and seems to work fine. 
  Hope that helps. 

That's worked for me! (I'm on a Mac too). Thanks :-)

Do anyone elses pictures always display incorrcetly?

the aignment is never correct When i upload them, is it an aspect ratio issue?