junkmunki

How to stop being a newbie...

Hi all,

I noticed the other day that my status in the forum posts and on my profile is listed as 'Newbie'. How long does this status last? I have been a member of TC since 2013, so if i'm still considered a newbie after 6 years, then that's a long probationary period!

I have emailed the administrator, but they seem none the wiser either. Anybody got any ideas how i can get 'member' status?

Regards

J

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Works on the amount of posts you have done .

• Like 2

Hi Matman,

Thanks for clearing that up. I have only posted about 30 messages, so that explains it.

Regards

J

• Like 2

It will change to "Member" status once you have contributed with 100 posts. Not sure what it takes to move up from there.

• Like 1

Hate to tell you this, but even after 12 years on here and thousands of posts, I still sometimes feel like a newbie...

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, markbt73 said:

Hate to tell you this, but even after 12 years on here and thousands of posts, I still sometimes feel like a newbie...

You are Mark ;)

My target was to get more likes than posts.. that's not happening so I now give them out like sweeties ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I'm noticing that "Advanced Members" have more than 2000 posts? 

Only one-thousand-nine-hundred-fifty-nine more posts to go, @junkmunki

Since you brought this up, we are all expecting great contributions from you!  No pressure. (I'm kidding, of course)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think i shall have to comment on every post going just to keep up....:o :lol:

• Haha 1

Looks like an advanced member is 2,500? I'm at 2200 something and a member. I wish I didn't always feel lile a newbie, i think the title is all lies

• Haha 2

Well, simply turn this into a perpetual, never ending thread where everybody comments on his her number of comments. In time, this will even solve the original question :D

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, S-PCS said:

Well, simply turn this into a perpetual, never ending thread where everybody comments on his her number of comments. In time, this will even solve the original question :D

On, and on, and on, and on......... :D

** oh ... if i could only combine my old account who got nuked... somehow ( stefan ) ... with this one ...

Probably would get the "get a life" .. thing or something...

I didn't realise there was a rank system, do I get demoted?? 😳😬😂

Stephan(2) has 2623 posts now, and he's an "Advanced Member."  Jonathon has 2274 and he's still a "member."  So Jonathon must be right about 2500.  

Wait, I just noticed the dots under the membership status.    

Obviously, you start with one dot.  

100 posts gets you 2 dots?  But DK308 has 160 posts and has 3 dots... 

Or do they go from 1 dot to 3 and 5?  Has anybody seen 2 dots or 4 dots?  

Military insignia would be cool.  You know, private, lance corporal, corporal, staff sergeant, all the way to the Field Marshal being admins or something... hmm.  On second thought, maybe not.  That could be divisive and administrative nightmare: some juvenile kid could type one letter per reply 3000 times a night, just so he cay say, "dude, I'm a general."  lol...  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Juggular said:

Stephan(2) has 2623 posts now, and he's an "Advanced Member."  Jonathon has 2274 and he's still a "member."  So Jonathon must be right about 2500.  

Wait, I just noticed the dots under the membership status.    

Obviously, you start with one dot.  

100 posts gets you 2 dots?  But DK308 has 160 posts and has 3 dots... 

Or do they go from 1 dot to 3 and 5?  Has anybody seen 2 dots or 4 dots?  

Military insignia would be cool.  You know, private, lance corporal, corporal, staff sergeant, all the way to the Field Marshal being admins or something... hmm.  On second thought, maybe not.  That could be divisive and administrative nightmare: some juvenile kid could type one letter per reply 3000 times a night, just so he cay say, "dude, I'm a general."  lol...  

I went from 1 to 3 dots. And I've yet to see two or four.

That military insignia idea is interesting, but also a bit problematic. Privates, Sarges, Generals,,, Dictators.... :) 

And when we have a bunch of guys with model tanks and what not, it could quickly escalate. It has Stephen King's "Battlefield" short story written all over it :D

Besides, I'd end up speeding way too much time in the Cooler for insubordination :P

• Haha 2

Model boats forum you start of as able seaman and work your way up through the ranks. I think I'm a sub lieutenant but still a newbie here, working on it though!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just realised I'm a MEMBER Hooray!!!!!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Model boats forum you start of as able seaman and work your way up through the ranks. I think I'm a sub lieutenant but still a newbie here, working on it though!!

Which forum is that? OSE? That's cool.

Feel like signing up under the username Der Alte :)  A little Das Boot trivia there ;)

Model Boats! all sorts of usernames on it:ph34r:

I'll say never for me i'm always learning something new that's what makes it fun for me.

there's something i read when i was a young lad, anything thing you do for 10,000 hours (in perspective) you should be professional by then.

that said i don't ever look in the rear view mirror. 

Like to post ratios, newbies, members, advanced members, and now dots.  How have I not noticed all this stuff?  Is there a secret ultra-forum when you get to five dots?

12 hours ago, Blista said:

Like to post ratios, newbies, members, advanced members, and now dots.  How have I not noticed all this stuff?  Is there a secret ultra-forum when you get to five dots?

I think there is a secret handshake to get into the super secret forum...;)