junkmunki

Which of your cars would you scale up to full size and drive?

16 hours ago, junkmunki said:

Nice, love those chunky rear tyres...

They are FTX Mauler wheels with intimidator sand tyres, needed 8mm wide hexes to fit on the DT03.

2 hours ago, IBIFTKH said:

Reckon this would be good fun on the school run...

P8110050.jpg

Parking certainly wouldn't be a problem...:lol:

• Like 2

Since its possible to buy any onroad car that they offer (in theory anyway, you know, who doesn't have a spare few million lying around) it would have to be something that you can't just buy. It would have to be the Boomerang or Fox, or stretch the rules and have both since they look so good next to each other.

Or buy a Sherman so it could be a tank. Who doesn't want a tank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd happily take my Imprza rally car or the touring car I'm building. But I'd really enjoy whizzing around in my Metallic Pink TT02BIMG_1079.thumb.JPG.0ffeab106fa5cb2a398f4979a1eb8540.JPG

• Like 1

My old Pumpkin....love to see the look as I rolled through the local village

• Haha 1

I thought Willys M38 would come up first on this thread.  

qOdJdhz.jpg

I always like the look of XR311.  It looks better with a machine gun.  But that won't send a "friendly-neighbor" vibe.  I enjoy neighbors' beers and BBQ ribs.  So that .50 cal would have to go.  But I'm sure they won't mind it on Tamiya XR311.  Does anybody know where I can get a 1/10th scale one?  

vF1HWeH.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Juggular said:

I thought Willys M38 would come up first on this thread.  

qOdJdhz.jpg

I always like the look of XR311.  It looks better with a machine gun.  But that won't send a "friendly-neighbor" vibe.  I enjoy neighbors' beers and BBQ ribs.  So that .50 cal would have to go.  But I'm sure they won't mind it on Tamiya XR311.  Does anybody know where I can get a 1/10th scale one?  

vF1HWeH.jpg

Love the full size Wild Willy, but where do you get the batteries for the transmitter? :mellow: Im more impressed by the fact somebody took the time to build it....

• Haha 2

Great thread - I straddle old school and new.

So, I welcome the day I can drive each of my 76 - 86 kits for real !

But these days I doubt that means building 1:1 ...

Environmental challenge, cost and time means it will more likely be AR / VR from ever cheapening drone tech ?

So in the end there’ll ultimately be no need to choose :) 

Will I be nostalgic about building a 1:1 ? Sure.

But no more so than still being fond of my Sony Walkman ... whilst loving my iPhone 😂

• Like 1

They may not look like them, but the Wild Willy and the Monster Beetle are what stirred my interest and planted the seed for these and others I've owned over the years.

40793855583_e52f12eff1.jpg20180608_123004 by Scott Weiland, on Flickr

40793850343_8b75a31fea.jpgbug4 by Scott Weiland, on Flickr

A real M38 isn't very practical as a daily driver and a Cal-Look-ish bug certainly isn't the Monster Beetle, but those RCs led to these 1:1 versions in adulthood.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, IBIFTKH said:

Reckon this would be good fun on the school run...

P8110050.jpg

Is that Kyosho Blizzard?  

M113 shell and the Gatling gun is scratch built?  Simplified style fits drivers.  Very well done.  

The mini Cooper 58211!

Oh wait..... I actually had that one real sized.^_^

Real-world - S15 Sylvia.  When the 1:1 was released, I knew it would be in my price range around about now, so I could look forward to having one later in life.  Sadly 'now' is here and although I have a lot of amazing things going on in my life, a Japanese coupe is not one of them.

img15729_02042008131909_9.jpg

I'm also a huge van of American muscle, despite being born and bred in the UK.  Oddly enough I don't have any proper yank cars in RC.  I stopped building shelfers around the time the good yank bodies appeared on the market.  I don't really want to build any more non-runners, although for a long time I've considered getting a Charger body and building it over a rear-driver converted CC01 chassis, setting it up in rally trim and giving it full Mad Max styling, and running it with a gyro just to make it driveable...

My Blown '57 project stalled years ago but I'd love a real one of those on my driveway.

But in all seriousness, since there are apocalypses in various forms hovering above the horizon right now, I think the best car I could have in 1:1 must be this:

img15729_19062010170253_1.jpg

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

Real-world - S15 Sylvia.  When the 1:1 was released, I knew it would be in my price range around about now, so I could look forward to having one later in life.  Sadly 'now' is here and although I have a lot of amazing things going on in my life, a Japanese coupe is not one of them.

img15729_02042008131909_9.jpg

I'm also a huge van of American muscle, despite being born and bred in the UK.  Oddly enough I don't have any proper yank cars in RC.  I stopped building shelfers around the time the good yank bodies appeared on the market.  I don't really want to build any more non-runners, although for a long time I've considered getting a Charger body and building it over a rear-driver converted CC01 chassis, setting it up in rally trim and giving it full Mad Max styling, and running it with a gyro just to make it driveable...

My Blown '57 project stalled years ago but I'd love a real one of those on my driveway.

But in all seriousness, since there are apocalypses in various forms hovering above the horizon right now, I think the best car I could have in 1:1 must be this:

img15729_19062010170253_1.jpg

This pic must be from after the apocalypse as that looks like someones arm bone supporting the rear canvas...:huh: 

14 hours ago, Juggular said:

Is that Kyosho Blizzard?  

M113 shell and the Gatling gun is scratch built?  Simplified style fits drivers.  Very well done.  

Thank you :) 

Yes, it's a Blizzard. If you're interested there's a brief build thread here -

Cheers,

Rob

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IBIFTKH said:

Thank you :) 

Yes, it's a Blizzard. If you're interested there's a brief build thread here -

Cheers,

Rob

Well, there was a reason why I remembered your name, years before I became active.  

When it comes to styrene sheets, I think of making truck beds or something.  Not an entire armored car with a Gatling gun and turning helmets! 

That was very inspiring.  

• Like 1

Thank you again, very kind of you.

But yeah, I'm not someone who can be trusted with styrene sheets! Strange things tend to happen...

DSCF1988.JPG

DSCF4348.JPG

DSCF3211.JPG

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IBIFTKH said:

Thank you again, very kind of you.

But yeah, I'm not someone who can be trusted with styrene sheets! Strange things tend to happen...

DSCF1988.JPG

DSCF4348.JPG

DSCF3211.JPG

The first one is huge!  Is it made out of two TLT-1s?  First chassis doing the crab-steering?  lol... that's just brilliant!  

I wouldn't mind driving around the block with the second one.  Neighbors are going to love the radiation mark. 

Is it modeled after something?  

I'm starting to get ideas now...

I thought about foam boards, but styrene is stronger, isn't it?  It could have more details, too.  

I don't have metal working skills like @MadInventor, but styrene seems like something I can work with.  

Instead of starting with daunting stuff, maybe I should try out something smaller.  

• Like 1

Yup, the 8-wheeler is two TLT-1s bolted together, 8 wheel drive, 8 wheel steering. Front and rear steer independently so it can crab steer.

The second one is based on the 1/32 Wild Saurus

untitled.png.e74433e438f6527f273748019728d5a7.png

Styrene is stronger than foam board, and it's pretty easy to work with. Starting with a couple of smaller projects will build your confidence. Get stuck in and see what you can do. 

• Thanks 1

i'd have to go reversal....... from 1:1 to RC scale with mine. never seen my RC body for sale  to match my life size super car.  i use to have  a 71" Chevy Fleetside and a few years ago built the Mad Force and used the Proline 72 Chevy body for it.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:14 AM, S-PCS said:

I've actually been, vaguely, keeping an eye out for one of these.

20190502_121137.jpg

@lupogtiboy

Has anyone seen this yet?

Tamiya Wild One returns as road-legal electric buggy | Autocar

@lupogtiboy mentioned that there was a real life Wild One buggy out there, and i remember this picture that came up on an old discusion of a real life Rough Rider.

I know there is a 1:1 scale sand scorcher out there somewhere, so i wonder how mony other full size models there are?

J

If I could full-size-ify cars from my fleet, I'd go for these two first off, for heavy and light off-roading respectively:

2023-03-06_02-54-20

2023-03-29_09-43-25

• Like 3

I'd scale up my Associated B6.4 - the scale speed would be 500mph+ and I'd have to chop my legs of to fit in the cabin, but it would definitely turn some heads!

• Haha 2