Sign in to follow this  
Sandtiresunlimited

Blazing Blazer Restoration Tips Please

Hello,

I am in the process of restoring a blazing blazer (my first ever one) and was wondering what the best products are to use. Firstly, stripping down the paint? What might be a good product to use? And then primer and spray painting it?

I assume it’s the (PS tamiya paint range I need to use?) And (mr surfacer 1200 primer or tamiya primer maybe a good option?)

Decals in high gloss have been ordered from MCI racing. 

I’ve tried googling as much as I can online but very little joy in finding product brand names, preferably, items that I can purchase in the UK.  All tips would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, would be interesting to hear what your favourite blazing blazer colour is? 

Thank you :) 

• Like 1

Hi Ed, lovely car to be working on.

If you are in the UK I've had success on ABS bodies using DeSolv It Graffiti Remover which you can get in B&Q and sometimes on line. I have noticed it's not always in stock at B&Q, so it's a case of checking stock.

Some one also recommended a product called Graffiti Go from Tool Station. I've not tried this one personally. 

I know a lot of people use break fluid DOT 4. Never tried it, I think it's time consuming. Not that there's anything wrong with that. As long as you get the right result in the end.

All the best,

Al