hi just dusting of the old wild willy 2 and thought that the servo mounting is full of movement, so is there a mounting kit to stop the servo from moving. Have found the rc mart metal one but it's out of production, is there anything that's in production.

No only same as the stock but in alloy.

You can use most alloy servo posts.

I did make a nice mount for the WR/WT01 Chassis.

That won't fit but your post reminds me I wanted to do a similar one for the WR02 as well, if there is enough room in the chassis.

Try Banzai Hobby. I recently sent Banzai and rc mart a message asking if they had one lying around in any color as both had them listed as out of stock. RC mart didnt have any but Banzai actually checked with their supplier and got back to me a few days later saying they had them in red so I now have one on the way. :)

They still have the red ones listed on their web site "in stock" so be quick!

https://banzaihobby.com/Active-Hobby-STR287R

Cheers.

I’ve just fitted these alloy servo posts  to our WW2 as a TC recommendation-

Tamiya Hop-Up Options 54587

eBay about £12-£15. 

Work great!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I’ve just fitted these alloy servo posts  to our WW2 as a TC recommendation-

Tamiya Hop-Up Options 54587

eBay about £12-£15. 

Work great!

I tried the tight*ss option and dropped in a couple of shims between the servo & the chassis from the top, it seems to works well though I have lost them couple of times! :lol:

I do have the Tamiya Hop-Up Options 54587 alloy mounts currently fitted and although they look the part and fit perfectly I also fitted a heavy duty servo saver at the same time, so with the stiffer servo saver the chassis is now flexing. Seems Ive moved the weakest  "give" point from the servo saver to the chassis.

I didnt notice any flex or issues when running the standard servo saver even with the standard plastic servo mounts, so I'm sure the Tamiya 54587 alloy mounts would be fine if it wasnt for the hd servo saver I fitted.

Hopefully the Active Hobby STR287R mount solves the issue.

hi v8fazz sorry not to respond to you mate, been offline.  Did you get the STR287R servo mount?  is it any good?

wild

All good mate no problems. Yes the servo mount turned up the other day so no problems with ordering or delivery to Australia. Looks good but I'm just waiting for a couple of other items to arrive before I disassemble the WW2 and fit it.

Cheers.

hi v8fazz i take it you used paypal to order from Active hobby. Just a bit nervous about ordering from that part of the world, you hear all about the tax and postage cost we have to pay in UK

Yeah I can understand that, I used paypal and had no issues at all.

First thing I did was to look for the paypal logo on their web site before ordering, I wouldnt of placed the order if they didnt accept paypal. At least your covered if anything goes wrong.

I fitted a Kimbrough servo saver which is heavier than the original so I guess it adds a bit more flex to the chassis.

The other parts I was waiting for have now arrived so I will look at fitting the new Active Hobby servo mount some time in the next couple of weeks.