moffman

Don't know if this is a common problem? And should I build it?

Hi guys! After what seems like forever that I have had to put all my worldly possessions (no1 on the possession table is all my rc gear👍)in storage because of house renovations I needed a rc fix and to extend the lease on the storage because the house of course through up some lovely surprises for the wallet😡, so I went up to said storage just to go and look at my cars and I noticed on my blitzer beetle metallic that the box lid looks as if it is crushing into itself and the shrink wrapping has gone slack and I'm thinking over the years the tightness of the wrapping could be the cause of it🤔 ?? And now I've taken the wrapping off I'm looking at all this lovely kit and thinking I have to build it know I've opened it😉

20190504_101938.jpg

• Like 3

RC deprivation taking over your subconscious mind, making you remove shrink wrap with dubious excuses for very shady reasons. There's absolutely no point in keeping it in the box now that the shrink wrap is off. There weren't very many points before that, but now there are none. Subconscious needs have seen to that, and hey, they have guided humanity thru 50 million years of evolution. So this MUST be done, really. Build it, right now. Human evolution depends on you. Don't let the world down by resisting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's no different with RC's than it is with sports cars and boats. Not using it and keeping it on the shelf, is like dating a gorgeous girl and saving her for the next guy.

Get building :D

• Haha 1

How good does that look! Never seen by human eyes for years until today!.........and the tyres still have that lovely smell😊

20190504_102020.jpg

• Like 4

If you build it you will want to run it. Your not going to want to scratch that body so you will need a runner body. That means you may as well buy another for the body/decals etc, at which point there was no point building this one.

What do you want to do with it? If its going to be shelved, build another for a runner first so your not tempted to run this one, then build it.

• Like 1

Wow! I wasn't expecting to see an MSC. I've been back in the hobby for a couple of years now but even so, the Blitzer Beetle still seems like a new model to me. My rere takes pride of place on my shelf.

Nice that you've decided to build it. I have never been keen on having models in boxes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bromley said:

Wow! I wasn't expecting to see an MSC. I've been back in the hobby for a couple of years now but even so, the Blitzer Beetle still seems like a new model to me. My rere takes pride of place on my shelf.

Nice that you've decided to build it. I have never been keen on having models in boxes.

TBH I was surprised when I opened it🤩 I think you forget how old this kit is! And we are all used to esc's now but when I get back to normal life routine I have a half built scorcher to finish then this is going on the bench jury's still out at the moment on using the manual controller or a esc?.