Busdriver

The first cut is the deepest

For my FAV bug build I bought what I thought was an articulated 7 inch terminator. It turns out that is only partially true. His head, arms are and even his right leg twists in two places the one bit that isn't is his hips!!! I want him sitting down in the car so will have to perform surgery.. My question is what is the best way to cut. Chicken drumsticks or wedges and bend and fill? Or something else. He is made of quite hard plastic so cutting should not be difficult. I have most forms of cutting implement including an electric fretsaw. Any ideas would be appreciated. I know some of you are whizzo with photoshop etc, so perhaps somebody could draw in some suggested cut lines. Am away on holiday for a week so please don't feel I've ignored any suggestions just that I'm not taking the Internet with me!!!!!!

Hi, I don’t know if this helps but to get my Old Workshop Willy from seated to standing, I chose a cut line below his waist - just under the belt.

Having removed his legs I was free to remodel The attachment points for the legs - crotch and backside - with fine white Milliput.

638D8ED4-C955-4931-8C72-6180C9339683.jpg

He ended up with quite a stoop as I didn’t remodel his legs enough and it was a rush job.

I used either a 74024 Tamiya razor saw or something like 74111 handy craft saw.

I haven't tried it with a Terminator, but when reposing a standing figure to sit in a model plane cockpit I cut the hips at 45 degrees,  roughly where the elastic would go on a pair of briefs, and reglued the legs pointing forwards. Minimal filling was required as the crotch and buttocks remained mostly intact. 

Thanks to both. I was thinking along the lines that Turnip mentioned as I too have done the same with 1/48th-1/35th scale figures. As you say probably less filler required. Definitely easier going from standing to sitting I think rather Badcrumbles sitting to standing.

Surely Arnie would go Commando, he wouldn't wear briefs:lol:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Thanks to both. I was thinking along the lines that Turnip mentioned as I too have done the same with 1/48th-1/35th scale figures. As you say probably less filler required. Definitely easier going from standing to sitting I think rather Badcrumbles sitting to standing.

Having thought about it a bit more, looked again at that photo and read @TurnipJF‘s post, I also went with the leg/brief line for the second cut. Willy did need crotch work though :o

Hyperalloy Combat Chassis, I doubt you'll be able to cut him at all. Not with the tools available in this time. 

• Haha 1

See my build thread FAVbug and you'll see his hyperalloy chassis was no match for my swan Morton no 10 :P