Sign in to follow this  
RustySrb

Rough Rider help

Hi everybody, my first post on the TC forum although I have been a member for a while.

I am restoring an early Rough rider & have started the rebuild & have encountered a problem with the servo saver rubbing on the front axle stay.  Can’t remember if it was like this before I stripped it down.

any help is much appreciated 

It’s because the chassis plate hole for the servo saver moved forward by c. 2mm between the early and late models.

Not sure if anything was changed during your restoration ? but you’ll need to match the right plate with the right front end 👍

2 hours ago, SuperChamp82 said:

It’s because the chassis plate hole for the servo saver moved forward by c. 2mm between the early and late models.

Not sure if anything was changed during your restoration ? but you’ll need to match the right plate with the right front end 👍

Hmm.. will have to check that I thought the car was pretty original.  It’s only just brushing the centre cross member.

I will get a few pictures up tomorrow maybe that may show up the issue 

thanks

Got the chance to get a few photos any suggestions appreciated 

71DDC6E8-B12C-45EA-B729-9677A7D65267.jpeg

DF9AC304-F9D1-4152-9B6B-B5E15838D975.jpeg

95A2F985-2169-46CD-B2B4-152C4B1A5FA1.jpeg

8A224940-F66B-4B2A-AC4C-B8C123CA3966.jpeg

That looks like an early SRB model, & from my experience of this early model (I have 3 of them) the servo saver does make contact with the front tubes, so I’d take this as a sign of it’s originality 👍🏼

Thanks, it’s a strange one to me anyway.  I will continue on with the rebuilding. Shocks to do next