Sign in to follow this  
Peter_B

TXT-2 Hop-up shocks leaking

Does anybody have any experience with the TXT-2 Hop-up shocks?

I have 2 sets of them and they have been leaking from the bottom of the reserve tank, to varying degrees, on all 8 shocks (in both sets - 16 shocks in total).

I didn't build either set myself, one set came with my Bigfoot TXT and the other I bought from @Prescient. So I don't know exactly how they are put together inside.

Is it likely just a case of needing some new o-rings?

Didn't the set from me include the instructions/packaging + all the spares?

Shouldn't leak, I remember the lowers sealing included the nylon washers and several o rings. 

You do get a small amount of oil transferring through as the acts as the lubrication which has happened on all of the TXT hop up shock sets I have ever had.

26 minutes ago, Prescient said:

Didn't the set from me include the instructions/packaging + all the spares?

Shouldn't leak, I remember the lowers sealing included the nylon washers and several o rings. 

You do get a small amount of oil transferring through as the acts as the lubrication which has happened on all of the TXT hop up shock sets I have ever had.

Yes they did include the instructions etc, I just can't remember where I've put them lol.

It was the other set (that I didn't get from you) that I originally noticed the problem on. I got the truck out of its storage box and the tyres were sitting in puddles of oil.

So I swapped that set out for your set. But then, the other day I noticed the bottoms of the tanks on those were wet with oil.

Hence me asking this question.

If a little bit of oil is normal then your set is probably fine.

But given the amount leaking from the other set, they probably need looking at.

I'll have to find those instructions.

If you have a look on Tamiya USA it has a photo of all the parts. The white nylon washers in the bottom left of the pic are often left out in error. 

There's pretty much a quad seal system on these.

Think tamiyabase has a PDF of the instructions.

I can take a picture of the instruction sheet. Mine doesn't leak but I've build them similarly to how I built my other TRF dampers with a touch of AE green slim around all the o-rings (you can use other brand's as well)