max69vk

WR02C Sandscorcher

Unfortunately only a one off 3D printed body, this pic came from the Japan Shizuoka hobby show. If only Tamiya could do something similar!

47835787001_7f02573397_b.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Love it!!! Thats probably the best looking of all the comedy vehicles so far - Tamiya would be mad not to do an official comical sand scorcher as its probably their most iconic release and it really suits it.

• Like 2

well lets face it someone will now be printing away by now and i for one would buy one.

will

Edited by wildwillhappy
was going to add more but thought no

27 minutes ago, JennyMo said:

Ahem. Lest we forget ;o)

i-MdtRxB7-XL.jpg

Jx

First thing that came to mind. Plus it looks way better and has the cooler driver.

I do think a Comical Scorcher would be a great addition to the range (and almost inevitable I would think?) - and I particularly like how the one max69vk posted has ‘56’ rather than ‘506’ as the door number because it’s so short!

In fact if the cabin was just a little less gawky shaped, I think I’d be temped by one of those myself!

Jx

One of the things I prefer about JennyMo's version is that it has the body proportions of a 1:1 shortened bug, rather than the distorted "comic" look of the one at the show. 

TurnipJF i can see what you mean but jennyMo version is great, its kit bashed. The other on does follow the look of the grasshopper and the hornet in that it feels like its from the same designer.  Me i like both but jennyMo's i think was the 1st so thumbs up to jennyMo:D:D

So I'm excited to see that someone printed up such a beautiful Scorcher body for the Comical chassis. Has anyone found contact info for the modeler who made this?  I'd love to have one myself, hoping they're willing to print up another.  PLMK if you have any info to share, thanx!

Oh my... if that became a kit I would most DEFINITELY buy one. I love it!

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Oh my... if that became a kit I would most DEFINITELY buy one. I love it!

Just the body and blue wheel inserts would be fine for me.