haven't had it down for awhile, hangs from an electric winch on garage cieling (dusting is required:o) 14'x6' (Yes! i will always want it Larger) 67 LF two line Scalectric track.

scratch built a bunch and about 300 lights (millivolt and led) and 8 neon signs from Miller Enginering and still growing still quite a few trees left and stopped counting people after 400, bakers dozen of dogs and 3 cats, still need birds for the pond area, few more trees to plant, when it's down and cleaned oh about a days work,  i'll take photos with lights on, the lego wind mill and scratch built water/look out tower's up and the train station roof top (these are too tall for that side of the garage to leave up, a beams is in the way and roll up door hardware).

iA7rgbd.jpg

irp2EVg.jpg

• Like 2

That looks great - the lego looks to about the right scale. I never thought it might be close to 1/32 or 1/35 scale as this tends to be what the military plastic kit scales are.

What cars do you run on it?

Wow, that's a labor of love right there. Nice work!

When I was young I had a pretty big HO-scale slot car track and a bunch of Tyco and AFX/Aurora cars to run on it. I keep thinking of getting another one, but I have no idea where I'd put it, and it's not like I need more hobbies to buy stuff for...

• Like 1

Wow, that's cool!  My dad is into American Flyer trains and has a layout in his basement; it's similar with all the wiring underneath and the scenery above.  I like how you can winch it up and down in the garage for storage.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Superluminal said:

That looks great - the lego looks to about the right scale. I never thought it might be close to 1/32 or 1/35 scale as this tends to be what the military plastic kit scales are.

What cars do you run on it?

all brands, Scalecxtric, Car Trix, Ninco, Carrerra, SCX, LM Lemans, Fly's, Hornby, Pioneer, Revell, Sloter, HSSR, Power Slot,Parma and Slot it. can even run 1/24th's on it it's tight but works, i have Carreerra track for another day, i have Drags but scale 1/4 mile is 50' of track powered and 20' of dead track (70' in all) that's what i bought the Carrerea track for initially but then it's supposed to be routered and bradied do to the connected track pieces can cause problems going that fast. Someday.

i used a lot of O Scale peeps and  some 1/32nd  Prieser, LM, and Carrerra  a few painted kit people. i'll get better photos later. my Signature scence which is on both my train sets also is a crew in a ditch fixing a water main with copper tubing with Magic Water( since i do this often for the coins that provide this addiction) coffee grounds makes the best dirt. 

12 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Wow, that's a labor of love right there. Nice work!

When I was young I had a pretty big HO-scale slot car track and a bunch of Tyco and AFX/Aurora cars to run on it. I keep thinking of getting another one, but I have no idea where I'd put it, and it's not like I need more hobbies to buy stuff for...

i had some of this track when my kids where little, that was the problem, set it up tear it down, sat for years in boxes and about 8 years ago i started back into it.

i just get an absoulute kick out of doing each diorama scene, every thing comes into play, the people, the weeds, flowers, the trees the rocks, animals the lights, parking lot, the police, Firemen, i even have burgers hole punch card stock doubled up colored dark brown,hot dogs painted wire with the insulation brown, pop corn snow scenery material, cotton candy painted pink cotton swab, beer and sodapop bottles tips of toothpicks trimmed off and lil' beads for caps then painted, glass beads for glasses, it is like real life it's fargin endless i breath my hobbies. what i like about it takes me back to a time my dad in Sacromento where that had large indoor commerial tracks.

with the voltage regulator even my grandsons can play with out ever flying off the track.

• Like 1

truck is die cast, the Gasser is a Revell model kit i built and used on a 24th slot car dragster chassis i fabricated, trailer was a metal kit i purchased at Hobby Lobby. slowly getting things on display.

wZaBzZq.jpg

• Like 1

You know Kev, i'm not a big fan of Vettes, but the older models(anything pre-"69") just are like no other sports car,  you know exactly what your looking at.