ACCEL

speedy_w_beans made me do it...............................

The Kyosho 1/12 FANTOM 4WD 

Kyosho 1/12 FANTOM 4WD RC Racing Car EP And here i go again.......................................just happened to come across and there it was, WHY?

Now i had to go and find the similar style Go Fasts out from the garage.........................................................................................................

WsiqQcK.jpg

LNK3Yar.jpg

Which Liverey to choose from? i'll continue to search, always liked the L&M with the Aurora/AFX & Tyco slots i had as a wee lad.

Just found it..............................................................................................................................................

George Follmer in the L&M Porsche 917/10.  [Photo by Jack Webster]

1972 Porsche L&M 917/10 Spyder | S123 | Monterey 2012

spacer.png

This is One of the very reasons i strive to buiild and try to do better on each and every kit i get my hands on.

The story goes since about 2009 i was lurking around here always guised as a guest, reading, viewing,studying, learning on this forum, there was several peeps here that inspired me and thus i had to join, i was ready to explore, dream and participate with these mighty fine talented men and women of RC skills, knowing even i had been doing Rc projects for many years i still wanted to practice, to do more different and challanging vehicles. Into my endeavor of tring to assemble and take different approaches to these builds i found myself still in awe with a lot of folks here and their talents. I beleive there is a pleathra of genuine, fun and crafted people here, some seem are like scientist to me, i being a common contruction worker i always enjoyed a challange in something different than what i do for a living and now i find myself living to do RC (and other fun things also) and Speedy_W_Beans was in the beginning as one of those that inspired me and to reach deep into myself and strive to be better on that next one (Above Photo: he's proved his skills again).

Before i started this thread during my Pacific Green GH, Fat Fox builds and a few others, Speed was always helpful, fun and just plain one of us, so i thought of this thread to the one of those that gives there time, shares there talents, a teacher you might say and being the whipper snapper iam i started this "speedy_w_beans made me do it"

Thanks again! speedy_w_beans!

From your Friend Eric M. Summers

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Im liking the dark blue Repsol one.

Have you pre-ordered a Fantom?

Pre-Ordered the Fantom last night from RCSmart.

The Repsol is a Lola T-298(BMW Chassis)

Racecarsdirect.com - 1979 Lola T298 BMW Chassis HU-102

it's a great looking race car for sure.

i just had some fond memories of the lil' slots of the two above (Shadow and the L&M) and can be purchased on ebay, found the L&M 1/32 too much, but i'm tempted.

• Like 1

Superluminal

Ok, i give in Super.......................................................................................................You Win!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

REPSOL it is.

Just now ordered those vinyl stickers and  Duratrax paint (been using it for some time now, coats applies heavier than TAM's PS paint) less strokes less paint. Tam's obvisously has way more colors.

Thanx Superliminal.

CAN  Y O U  D  I  G    IT!!!

• Like 1

Here drives Superliminal in pole postion, he's fast like anything!

D7EI1Qs.jpg

• Haha 1

Well now... (in the Church Lady's Voice) this will be very intresting especaiilay for the Non- Traxxas fans ( i'll re-create to my liking........................ OVERKILL!)

I have a Combo Mamba X w/ the 3800K Slate motor on back order and a couple of back up motors and they are the ever lovely Tekin Pro4 4600kv and a 3900kv Novak NX4.

Now on this Dating Game we have Door #1

6fydGw0.jpg

And in Door #2 wieghing in at (container, packaging and parts included) 1,395g's (3lbs 1.2oz's):lol:

aOjRpVL.jpg

Now, how do you like those apples?    Special.................................................................................................................................................

Ok not to spill the beans (sorry speedy no pun intended)...................

B.O. till the 25th supposedly. A couple of individuals had these in the Cloud, but Amian has recieved most of my business since (no matter where i purchase i'm paying Fargin taxes anyways no matter where it comes from) this was supposed to be purchased many seasons ago and that's when the 2011 Avante came out, well patience has prevailed once again.................... Thanx again Amain and Tamiya for the Hot Shot in the arm....................................................................................................

Tamiya Hotshot 1/10 4WD Off-Road Buggy (Re-Release)

Out Of Stock Online
Expected to arrive Monday, May 25 2020

Hey! that's Monday.................................Thanx Monday.

God bless all that have fallen Always Remember
Memorial Day.
I have this freedom to build because someone had to fall.
and Thanx Bryan for your  six years stationed in Germany.
your Loving brother ERIC

Now to name this savage beast..........................................................................................................................

car_01
  • 202005110443181a.jpg
  • 202005111024012a.jpg
  • 202005080500033a.jpg
  • 202005110347084a.jpg
  • 202005080500035a.jpg
  • 202005080500036a.jpg
  • 202005120258127a.jpg
  • 202005110347458a.jpg
  • 202005110347459a.jpg
  • 2020051103474510a.jpg

CFX-W 4WD High Performance Off-Road Car KIT

SPECIFICATION

- LENGTH : 458mm
- WIDTH : 230mm
- HEIGHT : 250mm
- WHEELBASE : 313mm

FEATURES

- FRONT AND REAR MPA PORTAL AXLE
- TC80 ALUM. SHOCKS SET
- PLANETARY GEARBOX & DUAL SLIPPER CLUTCH
- ALL METAL TRANSMISSION GEAR SET
- 1.9" WHEEL & REALISTIC SCALE TIRE
- ALUM. 4-LINK SUSPENSION
- FULL BALL BEARINGS
- HEAVY DUTY CVD SHAFT
- REALISTIC STEEL C-CHANNEL FRAME
- GREAT STEERING ANGLE
- GEAR RATIO : 1:36.3~1:53.4
- TIRE WIDTH/DIAMETER : 40X120mm

- Pinion gear included
- Include #210614 MPA CVD universal shaft set

1_MPA%20PORTAL%20AXLE(1).jpg
MPA PORTAL AXLE
The new MPA portal axle design increases 14.4mm ground clearance and improves the possibility.
The 4 gear design increases the durability also eliminating the torque twist through the chassis.

2_TC80%20ALUM_%20SHOCKS%20SET(1).jpg

_DSC7570.jpg
TC80 ALUM. SHOCKS SET
The new stroke-extended aluminum shock absorber flex amount is increased by 18%.
When the player faces the sinister terrain, it provides the excellent smooth shock absorption.
The threaded aluminum cylinder with the spring retainer and dual-spring design, can quickly adjust the vehicle height, preload and other settings.

3_PLANETARY%20GEARBOX%20&%20DUAL%20SLIPP
PLANETARY GEARBOX & DUAL SLIPPER CLUTCH
The planetary gear design provides the efficient transmission and the characteristics of a high reduction ratio for the power output level stable and powerful.
The dual slipper clutch design increases the surface friction also provides a more accurate holding power.
The m0.6 pitch spur gear is capable for the high torque applications.

4_ALL%20METAL%20TRANSMISSION%20GEAR%20SE
ALL METAL TRANSMISSION GEAR SET
The car is equipped with the high-strength metal gears for good transmission efficiency and durability.

5_1_9%20WHEEL%20&%20REALISTIC%20SCALE%20
1.9" WHEEL & REALISTIC SCALE TIRE
The 1.9” realistic wheel is good in both durability and appearance.
The large size as a true crawler tire by the mix-materials has the excellent off-road performance also keep the on-road driving ability.
Large blocks design provides excellent bite when the going gets tough!

_DSC7629.jpg
ALUM. 4-LINK SUSPENSION
The aluminum links has good durability and rigidity. The Four-link suspension system is good for climbing ability.

7_BALL%20BEARINGS%20SET(1).jpg
BALL BEARINGS SET
The full ball bearing set can reduce the operating resistance and provide better operating efficiency and the longer operating time.

CFX-W%20KIT%20CVD%20%E5%8D%87%E7%B4%9A%E
HEAVY DUTY CVD SHAFT
The steel CVD drive shaft is good at smooth transmission and better efficiency.

9_REALISTIC%20STEEL%20C-CHANNEL%20FRAME(
REALISTIC STEEL C-CHANNEL FRAME
The realistic steel C-channel frame is endurable and real. The hex screw links the chassis and crossmember frames for the good torsional stiffness.
The multiple shock mount positions are adjustable for the best performance by the player’s request.
The streamlined design is easy to installation and maintenance.

10_GREAT%20STEERING%20ANGLE.jpg
REALISTIC FRONT MOTOR POSITION & GREAT STEERING ANGLE
The front motor structure as the real car keeps the space for personal preferring interior settings.
It has the great steering angle and extreme smallest radius of gyration.

CMX-W%20Spec-detail(3).jpg

Power%20combo%20set%20option.jpg
_DSC8531.jpg
_DSC8505.jpg
_DSC8530.jpg
_DSC8526.jpg

026120-4%20%E9%8B%BC%E8%A3%BD%E5%82%B3%E
ATEES, WOW! 
Thanx again for the big break in shipping or this would of not been purchased last night.
Now can you D I G   I T?
Oh yes, let me grab my shovel and i'll be right there😁

I never saw a Navy Submarine Movie i never liked.

i 've only known two people that served in submarines and one that worked on them in Mare Island, their stories are some of the very best out of many i know that had served in the Forces.

Well i have pondered the thought of an RC submarine for 33 years, i just never dove for it.........................................Until the deep decision i made today.

U.S.S. Bluefish Kit #1245

Dumas

U.S.S. BLUEFISH KIT #1245

AYE!

On 5/24/2020 at 5:30 AM, ACCEL said:

Ok not to spill the beans (sorry speedy no pun intended)...................

B.O. till the 25th supposedly. A couple of individuals had these in the Cloud, but Amian has recieved most of my business since (no matter where i purchase i'm paying Fargin taxes anyways no matter where it comes from) this was supposed to be purchased many seasons ago and that's when the 2011 Avante came out, well patience has prevailed once again.................... Thanx again Amain and Tamiya for the Hot Shot in the arm....................................................................................................

Tamiya Hotshot 1/10 4WD Off-Road Buggy (Re-Release)

Out Of Stock Online
Expected to arrive Monday, May 25 2020

Hey! that's Monday.................................Thanx Monday.

God bless all that have fallen Always Remember
Memorial Day.
I have this freedom to build because someone had to fall.
and Thanx Bryan for your  six years stationed in Germany.
your Loving brother ERIC

Pushed out till June 16th now😣...................:o..................:lol:

now there must be something around here to fill in that time.

If it's not waiting for stickers it's an aftermarket part and if it's not that some form of electronic device to be had, and if it's not that then it's usually i changed my mind on the color of paint i'll use or perhaps it's an out of stock item to wait for or.......................................................................

Aw! yes! i found something else to continue to build. I truly and most often try to not start a new kit, but i just Fargin can't.

16 hours ago, ACCEL said:

now there must be something around here to fill in that time.

Hmm, something something about the main site page and a showroom??  B)

On 5/28/2020 at 3:09 AM, ACCEL said:

I never saw a Navy Submarine Movie i never liked.

i 've only known two people that served in submarines and one that worked on them in Mare Island, their stories are some of the very best out of many i know that had served in the Forces.

Well i have pondered the thought of an RC submarine for 33 years, i just never dove for it.........................................Until the deep decision i made today.

U.S.S. Bluefish Kit #1245

Dumas

U.S.S. BLUEFISH KIT #1245

AYE!

This needs a build thread!! Is it submersible or is it a surface boat?

Never understood how rc subs would work without a load of compressed gasses or additional pumps to remove the water ballast.

10 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Is it submersible or is it a surface boat?

it's submersible down too four feet, so it reads suggested "POOL ONLY" i wonder why?:D dark murky waters do scare me though.

i ordered the HW 30AMP ESC and it comes with two brushed 380 4.8v motors but i went and ordered two brushless Hobbywing 2040SL motors ( a bit longer but diameter is slightly smaller, hope they fit. already have a TX and RX for it, the servo(s) i'm not sure yet what size?

i've had my inner ear toned to these, had the money out of stock, didn't have the money in stock, this has been going on and on for i don't know how many fargin years,

When these came on the seen all i know is i always wanted a set and always liked these on certain 1:1 trucks back in the early days.......................................................................

6MhV9cq.jpg

all the screws are in the Pkg. i mean a lot of em'

• Like 1

Zsc0y9g.jpg

W1tGzxL.jpg

xbNXXqI.jpg

USS Blue Fish i'm told tastes like chicken:lol:

waiting on my esc's and brushless motors.

• Like 1

Whoa Horsie!

jlMH1i8.jpg

This MST is One Bad MFR

ATEES: $8.29  for shipping including some other parts The best price in the World Thanx ATEES! 

8vFRwSj.jpg

Nice set of these socks and boots on their way...............................................sentinel-stl-1002-04-310x310_0.jpg.................................................

Thanx so very much RCMart (your shipping is way higher than most recently) but i still LUV YA!

• Like 1

The story of the two Porsche 956 bodies.

Once upon a time in the magical kingdom of Tamiya Club a frenzy  of builds broke loose,  a trio of Accel's 1/12 builds started to take form and shape, with dreams of livery schemes and ordering ahead of time to know there would be reasonable time for bodies and parts to arrive as chassis were being finished, electrical ozone in the air, BUT NOT THE 956! WHY? well i'll tell you why, Ordered (on April 7, The Tamiya 51491 (SP1491) Newman Joest Racing Porsche 956 Body Parts Set 1/12 Scale) from the high scaley cliffs on Ebay Mountian from over seas to a location i have ordered from before a labyrinth of this and that and what should have become an easy shipment and still waiting.

Aw! but then the story enlightens and song birds come from afar and start to sing a familiar melody and BAM! i find this (ordered JUNE 1st it arrived JUNE 3rd (TODAY), no added, nor extra cost for shipping, but all  i have to say is a Big Darn tootn' Thank you!  to Ol'rccom........

Told ya all, silver lining to every cloud ALWAYS!

It's KIZMIT:wub:......................................................................................................................................

V6HM3oy.jpg

nHdErPC.jpg

cPQJZ39.jpg

Now i feel like a NEWMAN:lol:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ACCEL said:

USS Blue Fish i'm told tastes like chicken:lol:

waiting on my esc's and brushless motors.

Is it vac formed sections for the hull?

On 6/4/2020 at 12:53 PM, Superluminal said:

Is it vac formed sections for the hull?

(Yes) Vacuumed sealed for freshness:lol: every thing but esc, TX & RX, batts, & servos. i ordered  two other brushed motors being i kinda went off at Hobbywing America on ESC's about two months ago, while people were hording toilet paper i was hoarding on ESC's.

box was bigger than expected, have not done a blue print build in two years or so. they make me feel more like an engineer than just a wrench monkey HA!

had several planes and boats with large sheet specs, time consuming sure, building process priceless.

So Super?, think they'll let me do the build in 

Big Rigs and Scale Armour

Heavy Plant, Heavy Goods and Heavy Artillery... ? well if a submarine ain't considered one of those what is? allrighty then i'll try posting it there and see what we can sea!

Chocolate chips ahoy!

In Mr. Magoo's voice (Jim Backus), Oh! ACCEL you've done it again...............................................................................

so the BS continues to fly, you know the long story short, not from this babes mouth:o

Yes, it's all coming back now, a twinkling of stars and a rolling fog appears as i search for parts for the Mini Rio over at the Mighty OSE, and curious as i always am,  "what is new in the Marine World"? ( now mind ya, never done a dual motor & esc boat build) Well i'm gonna now! The twentieth floating machine:lol:........................................................................................don't ya just luv lil' dots? me too.

Actual kit pictures will arrive Monday June 8, 2020, (i certainly hope so), so to fill in the time slot and to see a delightful viewing of products that arrived today and have been welcomed to become part of and being one with a CAT.......................................................................................

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?62500-Graupner-Taifun-X-Cat

FwBklwO.jpg

Scale Seven Outboards

jQbqDdJ.jpg

I'll take two of each They're awfully small:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I just had to............................

image.jpeg.84a30a4812b0f38eefe78674804a0496.jpeg

IGyeJ6t.jpgOh My Gosh, No Way! (With images) | Happy smiley face, Emoji ...

image.jpeg.6412eee9553c35a72fe6655d0421e78a.jpeg

Well somebody has to build them.

• Like 1