ACCEL

speedy_w_beans made me do it...............................

My son just recieved his Sony Play Station Five and needed a bigger entertainment shelf for all his other consoles also, so he gave me his older one last week...

It's Black Glassed, I'll be purchasing stocks in Windex this week:lol:

0fRU4dz.jpg

• Like 1

All the way from Chico California The Awesome, The Admirable, and ever so much fun to shop at hobby places on earth one of my most favorites is none other than

oiqasu3.jpg

came with coupons until May 31, 2021

PM me if you need a code.

Thanx again a Great Big Bunch AMain from one of your Platinum customers, Stay well and Merry Christmas.

ems.

• Like 1

And as a bonus prize arriving at 7PM along with the Winter 2021 Amain catalog is the Fast and the Ferocious Yokomo YD-2 SXIII

s6gjZAF.jpg

hAetSVu.jpg

and a Happy New Year!

• Like 1

Looks like you’re in for a busy building Christmas 👍🏻 Enjoy. 

• Like 1

It's strictly entertainment, and one of the neatest things i get to do.

RC is the AIR!

• Like 1

Get 'em while they last.................

This is in my wish list at Amain...

Specifications: This servo is $147.99
  • Input: 6.0 - 8.4V
  • Speed (sec/60°):
    • @6.0V: 0.072
    • @7.4V: 0.06
    • @8.4V: 0.05
  • Torque:
    • @6.0V: 159.70 oz-in (11.5 kg-cm)
    • @7.4V: 208.31 oz-in (15.0 kg-cm)
    • @8.4V: 243.02 oz-in (17.5 kg-cm)
    • Reedy RT1705A Digital Aluminum Brushless Low-Profile Servo (High Voltage)

Ordered this at RCMart this morning......

Onisiki Full Aluminum Case Low Profile Coreless Digital Servo For Drift Car Limited Edition

Onisiki Full Aluminum Case Low Profile Coreless Digital Servo For Drift Car Limited Edition

This servo is $53.90

Specification:

• Type: Digital
  • Operating Voltage Range: 6 - 8.4V DC
  • Bearing Type: Dual Ball Bearing Supported Output Shaft
  • Speed (s/60°@6.0V/7.4V/8.4V): 0.1 / 0.08 / 0.07
  • Torque oz./in. (6.0V/7.4V/8.4V): 140 / 150 / 170
  • Torque kg./cm. (6.0V/7.4V/8.4V): 10 / 11 / 12.8
  • Size : 40.5 x 20 x 29mm
  • Stall Current (6.0V/7.4V/8.4V): 3200m/3900mA
  • Connector Wire Length: 300 mm. 25 AWG wire
  • Connector Type: JR
  • Gear Type: Titanium gears
  • Shaft: 25T

First, one is brushless and the other is coreless (lots of info out there, i'm not going to get into right now).

Second, they are both specialized in they're specific purpose (sure they'll work in any type of vehicle for sure)

Reedy, Big Brand Name & Price to go with it, that said the ticket price is high because their R&D and to keep their race team on the road Go REEDY! and AE!

Onisiki, has been a staple name in force for quite some time with really good products (and their graphics are Rad!)

Not being identical these servos struck a chord with me, they have but not too close but a fair margin between their specs, not only servos have risen in cost as of late but more of these servos are able to adjust and program on the fly and or program with firmware/and or program box, thus the higher cost for some.

i have a few more other types/brands coming on arrival shortly.

Addicted to servos?,

no not at all i overdosed a long time ago.Stoned Emoji | Emoji, Stone, Emoji design

i would have purchased two, but then that would have been one less for you:D

PRESALE: USUKANI PDS-MIX 1/10 RWD DRIFT CAR CHASSIS KIT [USUKANI] US88350 

THIS IS A PRESALE, THEY WILL BE ARRIVING TO US EARLY JAN 2021.

mix-5.jpg

mix-6.jpg

RCMart has them for PRE-ORDER

I myself PRE-ORDERED from Super-G R/C Drift Arena                                 It will go     next to     Yokomo

Usukani Scale Aluminum Separated Brake Disc (33.5mm) (Usukani PDS)just in case

The Wondrous World of RC

Electrocuted? - ProSoundWeb

Amazed Emoji Emoticon - Free image on Pixabay

It's funny to see the evolution of drift chassis over the past 10 years.  People started with 4WD touring cars, slippery tires, locked rear diff, front one way, 50:50 and then CS (countersteer).  Then it got even more interesting with front motor conversions, zero-Ackerman steering, KPI (king pin inclination) mods, and linked camber suspensions.  Weight distribution has been all over the place with front motor, mid motor, mid rear motor, rear motor, as well as 4WD and 2WD.  There have been belts (most) and now purely gear driven chassis too.

I'm not sure what's forcing all the changes.  Is it the pursuit of scale accuracy?  Are drifting surface preferences changing?  Is one architecture easier to drive than another?  Actually, the evolution and choices available today are kind of confusing.  How do you choose a drift chassis for the surface you want to drive on?  What's also a little frustrating is it seems like Yokomo and MST offer quite a few kits of the same basic design; it's not clear why they have so many choices available.

If someone can school me with a taxonomy of drift chassis architecture and the situations they address, it would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

If someone can school me with a taxonomy of drift chassis architecture and the situations they address, it would be much appreciated.

Not that i school you Speed, but i'll try to explain what i do know.

The Usukani PDX has two motor placements High for tighter tracks and low for longer sweeps and bigger tracks.

Motor sizes seem to be 13.5T, 1O.5,  9.5T and  8.5T (17.5T is there but not referenced much) now when i started to shop for the Yokomo i came across their motors with two rating types (my YOKOMO RPM-DX135RT DX1 TYPE-R BRUSHLESS MOTOR with TITANIUM SHAFT is on order).

Now the Super Sexy Sleek and Sick Silky Bodies make me Scream!!!

well you get the idea...

Yokomo DRIFT PERFORMANCE DX1 Series Type T DX1T 13.5T Brushless Motor

anyways it seems the hop ups have loads of adjustments for the lower/ upper arms of the front and rear to favor each individual track as to how many L & R turn radius count there are on the track to favor a more skillful executed intro and exit. 

As far as 4WD is more power sliding than drifting, FWD is pulling instead of pushing and the feel is all too different.

I just purchased a bakers dozen of tires and wheels (i'm not going into that) that's fargin endless in its own right.

Now Gyro's cost does matter with these mini keep you in check devices, i have some that are worthy to put into my rides and some well they cost that whole much more, from Yeah to Yokomos and a few in between so between 30 ducks and 120 clams. Placement is suggestive and pretty much where ever, but that's up to the feel of the individual driver, not too high and preferably the rear, install center in line,  and moving toward the front is less sensitive 

Ok now onto fans THEY ARE A MUST!!!     

Servos, they have drift specifics(same with ESC's), but not necessary 12KG+ low profile.

Gearing? nothing faster that Point A to point B, locked and loaded!

Track surfaces well there seems to be quite a few, (see above chart).

well now the BIG ? 

2 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

I'm not sure what's forcing all the changes.

Come on SPEED!  R&D, trial & error and to generate money.

so just to be clear everything is on hold, for circumstances beyond my control, not nothing i can not endure, it's just life here on planet earth.

certain people here know the details that have gotten to know me but every one here i adore are in my prayers.

It's funny how i miss building right now, but i have to grab hold what's in front of me now.

It's good and some sad but nothing i can not endure to make it trough. anyways keep building your A$$es off i'll catch up later.

found some past photos on some stashed away SD Cards

DSHLut8.jpg

9L5MmD8.jpg

Engine from the 1926 Antoinette i built but never flew......................some day (really is meant for non windy days or in a Gym)