Timr100

Motor choice again

Good afternoon as you I am a complete newbie, my mate has given me a brushless motor not sure of the make but it's a 10t 3450kv max current is 63 amps and 250 Watts sensored, would this be a better motor than my tamiya tuned motor, I no its not a cheap one he paid 90.00 for it. Many many thanks again. 

Depends entirely on what you are running it in. What might seem under powered in one vehicle it might be completely overkill in another.

It also depends on what ESC you are running it with. Can it deliver 63 amps?

9 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Hobbywing 10bl120 will run that no problem. 

This. 

And the 10bl60 will be more than capable as well. Those 63 amps are not a continuous amp draw. That is burst power. 250 watts sounds like continuous wattage on 7.2 volts which equates to about 35 amps. That motor will work in a lot of Tamiya applications with a stock gearing. I have used a very similar motor, the Absima 3421kv 10T motor in several models. I had it in my Lunch box, a brief stint in my TTO2B with 17/68 gear and now it resides happily on my DT-03 with a 19 tooth pinion.

That 3450 kv motor will definitely be a nice improvement over the brushed Sport Tuned motor.

Post a picture of it. We might recognize it.