svenb

Paint advice

Got myself in a bit of a pickle over a body I've painted, 6 months ago I painted a Toyota body shell and had a paint problem towards the rear of the shell, paint wouldn't adhere to it. 

Managed to find a replacement body and lost interest in it 🙄

Decided the other day to strip the bad area and repaint 👍 used tamiya's remover which works well, but expensive! 

Now I have two different shades on the body! I backed the red with white to brighten the red, which worked. 

Do I respray it all again in red and back again in white? would that create a soild colour again, strip entire body ££, or start on the new body!? 

Sven 

DSC_0163.JPG

If you had already backed the red with white i dont think another coat of red will make much difference - you may just end up with two slightly darker different shades.

I would be inclined to put it down to bad luck and start the new shell.

Strip it completely and redo it. Why get a new shell when it can be stripped. Wet it down nicely with the stripper and place the shell in an airtight plastic back for 24 hours.

Then it will clean off easily. Repeat till clean.

way up the cost of the paint stripper and the cost of the new shell and go with what ever is cheapest.

if its a basher shell then i wouldn't bother but if its a shelfa then and you cant live with it then go with what i have said but if you have decals to put on then try the cover up method