Sign in to follow this  
Uranium

the rubber on ESC melted

okay, i have a legitimate problem.

today i went out to drive my car, and all of a sudden it stopped. where did i go wrong?20190519_201124.thumb.jpg.2d3d2558edb580b27dd1e60da8cae792.jpg

days ago i noticed that bit turning orange, however i shrugged it off and thought it was normal, however the other connecting point did not change color. is this normal, and how can i fix it? i should also probably mention that the blue and green wires connected easily, but i always had to use a bit of force to connect and disconnect the yellow wires. how and why this happened, any explanation would be greatly appreciated as well on how to prevent this in the future. this is a TBLE-02S and i run a torque tuned motor.

thank you for any reply at all.

If a connector is bent or out of shape, it doesn't make proper contact and has more resistance than it should. Resistance leads to heat buildup, which will discolour and eventually melt the rubber like you have seen here. Since you say it was difficult to connect, chances are it was out of shape. This is not uncommon with stock Tamiya motor connectors.

The way to remedy it is to either solder the ESC leads straight to the motor if you don't plan on removing it often, or replace the connectors with a more reliable system such as bullets for example if you plan on frequent motor swaps.

• Thanks 1