Sign in to follow this  
Shodog

What are your winter projects?

I want to restore my Porsche 935 and build the rest of my XR311. It would be nice if I could cleaqr out my project section in my showroom

Jim

logo_member2.gif

Finish up on my Lancia Rally and start working on my Wild One. I should also get on ebay and sell some of my extra pieces.

UTS.gif

"Im out like a fat kid in dodgeball" - calvin3id=size1>

Main stuff:

- Make my Juggernaut 1 into something drivable. Too fragile right now.

- Get my Losi XX4 working

- dis/re-assemble Blackfoot and Marui Big Bear

Rough rider runner

Sand Scorcher runner

Ranger runner -and shelf queen redo

Wild one runner

B2b runner and shelf queen.

Just done SS shelf queen.

Vanquish runner.

-------------------------

I am so smart, I am so smart! S-M-R-T..I mean S-M-A-R-T!!

I think my project is to continue to persuade an aquaintance to part company with the rough rider he has sat in his loft, for a reasonable sum. It has also been my summer project but have failed so faricon_smile_sad.gif. Apparantly he also has a WW1 and a few others... I just cant motivate him to look for me. HEEEEEEEELP!

Build NIB 959 for incredibly gentle running and a lot of shelf sitting

Find, buy and restore a beaten up 959 for for hard running.

If that is all too hard (the thought of painting that 959 body is giving me sleepless nights!), I may also try one of the new F201 F1 cars... never really liked the Tamiya F1 chassis before but this one is a work of art and looks amazing to build... the carbon body looks fantastic too.

njm

immigrate....

and once all my toys and me are re-united, repair all the damage caused by the movers !! you just know there will be lots.

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif

logo_fin.gif

I would dearly like to finish my project runners - in fact it will be my mission to have all of my retro runners running again by christmas - I also want to have all of them pained as well - this is gonna be tough - however worth every minute of my time.......

Really looking forward to the Sand Rover. (THANKS to chris for getting the part that I have been waiting and searching for for over a year !)

Cheers

Darryn

This would be SUMMER projects for us Aussies, hey Darryn? [;)]

Looks like I'll have to:

1. Prepare the Hornet for Hornet Cup racing next year.

2. Pull down and rebuild properly my newish Marui Jeep

3. Rebuild my Fox (when the chassis appears...)

4. Strip and rebuild Schumacher Storm truck gearbox.

5. Kyosho gas Lancer Evo.... hmmmmmmm....

6. Remove and check oil pump on my 4AGE Sprinter (1:1)

7. Oil up and get running again my rally car (1:1)

Never a dull moment...

Alex

quote:Originally posted by Incredible_Serious

6. Remove and check oil pump on my 4AGE Sprinter (1:1)

id="quote">id="quote">

Didn't one of those win its class at Bathurst in the 80s?? [:)] Trueno!!

Then again, a Ford Cortina won in 1963, a Mini triumphed in 1966 and I was even around when the GTR reigned supreme 10 yrs ago... [:D] pity all those kiddies who are led to belive agricultural Holden/Ford V8s are the bees' knees.

got to finish lots of rc's, too many too list. and some more track, but must get my poor neglected MG done.[:D] and thin out my doubles[:(] upgrade others[:P] and might get some newies[:)].lol. can anyone stop time?[:o)]

Michael on the broads UK

logo_member2.gif

Wireless has to build the 959 I bought him for Christmas.

I just bought a Monster Beetle that needs to be cleaned and a few parts replaced. The body is broken but he reckons I shouldn't replace it as I will "use" (read crash) it so no point. He has just bought a Hotshot as a runner which also needs some TLC.

That should keep him/me busy over Christmas.

Claire

Im gonna have some fun with new SS ( I want a perfect SS ) please donate to poultontheking@yahoo.com i take paypal [:)]

The i have to built a FAV from new yay!

Where to start!..

Finish restoring Taisan Starcard, Jugg2, Bearhawk, Falcon, FAV, Celica GRB. Paint up the Falcon, Idemitsu Motion Civic, BMW M3.

Restore my BSA D1 Bantam.

Not enough hours in the day.........[:(]

I think the list has to be (maybe not in that order) :-

1,new build standard avante

2,rebuild runner avante into something that I wont mind breaking !

3,find a new opel ascona body

4,paint the falcon

5,new build a vanquish

6,find a new egress

7,paint the hilux

8,new build a blue rough rider

9,build a sequential box for the mini race car so I can seriously kick some *** next year[:D]

10,find about six grand for the inland revenue by the end of jan (or blag it for a while and buy some more cars)[v] .

11,decide if its worth having kids or not[:0]

etc etc etc

Cheers Alan

Gee, Alan

Take step 11 first and decide this positive.

It's great to have someone in the family to share your hobby with.

Alan kids will be the best thing in your life. Other than your wife they will probably give you the most grief also. I mean hey your going to need a driver for your cars so you can film or your going to need a camera jockey while you do the driving.

Jim

Finish up my Sand Scorcher and then finish the Grasshopper. The Grasshopper will be given back to my brother...[8D]

My winter project for now is just fixing all the junk I bought lately. Top of the list is my HotShot, still missing some parts of it though. [:(] Luckily I ran into someone who has loads of parts and he's Dutch as well, he told me he might be able to help me out. [:)] I certainly hope it works out well!!! [:D]

Maybe I'll transform the Sand Rover in a runner, after getting rid of all the horrible mods. Same goes for the Datsun 280ZX, might be a funny spin car. I feel pretty gutted about the Datsun since the body looked so well, but someone tried to fit monster truck wheels on it [xx(] The seller had a big scar on his fingers, so I know who did it... [;)] LOL

Still feel a bit bad about the big buy, the best of it is stil going to be the HotShot (though I didn't even new it was there!!!) [:D] The second best was the Mini, instantly one of my favorites. [8D] At least I got some spare parts which might be usefull later... [:)] Who's interesested in a leftover decals and a diff gear for the FAV? Or a spare Subaru Brat (no Mud Blaster) body? [;)] I have no use for these (yet [}:)])

Sjoerd

Ive got quite a few........my custom clod needs to be finished hopefully in time for Clumber Park meeting, late November.

Then a sand rover shell needs preparing and painting, a Scorcher shell needs sanding and painting, then i need to clean up 2 scorcher chassis.

i wouldnt mind them 2 being finished late november either!

Doesnt look like that will be possible though.....[V]

Well, it might be if i got of bl**dy Tamiyaclub!!!!!

At least ive got a job now, so ive got some money to spend on stuff.

Oh yeah, ive got 3 sand rail frames to make and a tubular scorcher frame for snollan!

Just acquired an Avante, and a Vanquish, my winter will be a resoration excercise interspersed with building a dirt track in my field to run my Avante 2001 on[;)]

1. finish a Jugg with all custom parts and maybe a brushless (if I get crazy rich!)

2. Remove all the bright blue paint of the "turning head" rough rider. (will probably take all winter but it will be so worth it!)(thanks again twin)

3. paint a FAV

4. build a Sand Rover

5. build a Land Jump

6. build a countach body

7. build a Cheetah body

workworkworkwork (this is my first whole year as non-student..[xx(]