netsmithUK

Tamiyaclub.com The Documentary

Sounds like a great idea. I'll have a look at the form, I could possibly take a trip down to Brisbane as I believe there are a few members down that way?

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Sounds like a great idea. I'll have a look at the form, I could possibly take a trip down to Brisbane as I believe there are a few members down that way?

I am and I know of 3 sort others, but they don't frequent here much anymore.

where are you located?

10 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

@Swarm Couldn't agree more. Filming in Australia obviously has lots of attractions :)

So, when u coming downunder? :) 

Beer's better further south! 

If I make it as far as Australia, it will be next year now. First filming session is a couple of hours away this weekend. :)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

I am and I know of 3 sort others, but they don't frequent here much anymore.

where are you located?

I’m in Gladstone, 5-6 hour drive north of Brizzy, and have relatives in Enoggera where we stay on the odd trip down south. 

Just back from a first days fantastic filming with Wireless. I was worried I might not get enough content to fill 5mins but he's given me enough to do a whole series just about him! Can't wait to get it edited and out there, so stay tuned. We basically talked no stop for 12hrs and covered every topic imaginable. I've obviously got to condense that down a little, so here are a few links to random topics where we went off on a bit of a 'tangent' and probably won't make it to the final cut.

"Drive (1979)" Documentary

Console Wars Book - Nintendo v Sega

Cybiko

Unfinished Swan

Dragan Flyer Pro Ti

Thanks to @Wireless for his time and hospitality - you were the perfect start to this project.

• Like 1

@netsmithUK It was really great to catch up on Saturday Chris - I calculate it's been at least 12 years since we last saw each other, yet we picked up like it had been 12 days...! It was a pleasure to have you visiting and allow me to get involved in your project. Good to hear that the day was as successful as you hoped. We did cover a ton of stuff, some things I realised later I missed out but if there are any additional things you need, then let me know. It was quite surprising how so much of our history correlated - I suspect that it'll become a bit of a theme as you speak with others.

Thanks also for the links - I've already started a nosey into them. Surprised you hadn't already seen "Dirt" - Bizarre but brilliant.

I'll get the videos we mentioned through to you as soon as I can, but let me know if you need anything else :)

It goes without saying, if you're up this way again or passing then you're always welcome.