bjorklo

THE INCREDIBLE TA-01

TheIncredibleTA01Logo_zpsxb27fdvj.png

After building the yellow TA-01 and the orange Terra Conqueror i really wanted to build a green version since I had the green chassis tub. I bought additional green suspension arms and ball connectors. The hardest part was to find the green gearbox cases. That said it was not that hard, since there is allways a kind Tamiyaclub member that are willing to help you. Daniel9olo was willing to sell his set of green gearbox cases to me, and thanks again for that.

Once i got all the green parts togheter i noticed that fluorescens green can be diffenrent.

IMG_20190502_221242_zps6qwjuain.jpg

So what to do what to do? I decided to try to dye the light parts with my neo green dye. Of course i tried just on one and one part, just in case it wouldn’t be any good.

IMG_20190512_222546_zpsjrxy1kr1.jpg
IMG_20190512_224330_zpskw09h6jc.jpg

It’s the two ball connectors in the middle i tried to dye. as these two gave yet another 2 variations of green I have decided not to dye the parts, and just assemble the parts as is.

The chassis tub had some black stuff on it, so I had to remove it. I used a knife and the i dawned to me, that i should try the tamiya paint remover and that made the job so much easier.

IMG_20190519_204221_zpsunn2jobf.jpg
IMG_20190519_210543_zpsla7cwyqt.jpg

I have bought a donor car, to take parts from, since I don’t have that much TA-01 parts. I got the car quite cheap, but it comes with allot of really cool parts

IMG_20190507_215735_zpsmpyhygos.jpg
IMG_20190507_215425_zpsytlzhjxc.jpg

So I need to figure out what parts I need, and give them a good clean and poosible some tlc, to make em shine again. Stay tuned, but don’t sit and wait, I’m afraid this build will not be done in record time.

• Like 6

Was the donor car on Yahoo Auctions? I think I remember seeing it somewhere. Some good stuff on it!

It's a shame Tamiya has such a colour difference between the neon coloured parts, but once assembled I still think it looks pretty good. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this project :) As you know I always love the neon stuff!

2 hours ago, Tizer said:

Was the donor car on Yahoo Auctions? I think I remember seeing it somewhere. Some good stuff on it!

It's a shame Tamiya has such a colour difference between the neon coloured parts, but once assembled I still think it looks pretty good. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this project :) As you know I always love the neon stuff!

Yeah, that is correct it was. I made a bid and forgot about the it, was quite surprised when it showed up :P 

You sure do love the neon stuff, that's a fact :)  Regarding the colour difference, i'm very surprised that it was such a big difference. Hopefully it will be as you mention, that it will look pretty good anyway.  I hope to find time to continue a little bit this weekend, but time will show.    

Funny! I had it in my watch list, but already bought a few more TA02's lately so I skipped it. Nice to see it still ended up in Europe :)

I received my TA02 with FRP, white arms and pink gearboxes today aswell as a TA02 also with FRP and a mix of green/pink gearboxes and a bunch of hopups. Both from Yahoo too. I'll make some time soon to go through all my neon stuff and take some pictures for the forum.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tizer said:

Funny! I had it in my watch list, but already bought a few more TA02's lately so I skipped it. Nice to see it still ended up in Europe :)

I received my TA02 with FRP, white arms and pink gearboxes today aswell as a TA02 also with FRP and a mix of green/pink gearboxes and a bunch of hopups. Both from Yahoo too. I'll make some time soon to go through all my neon stuff and take some pictures for the forum.

Wow, cool.. Looking forward to seeing the pictures...   I guess I will be hunting for pink parts after I'm done with this one, since that's the only one I don't have then. Would love to have them on my Top-Force Black Special and rename it to Pink Special 😛