On 9/5/2019 at 11:59 PM, MockTurtle said:

air blow gun + compressor helps with this task. also make sure to rinse the car with tap water and wd40 the exposed metal bits if coming into contact with saltwater.

another beach tip: temporarily cover the air breathing pin holes in the wheels with tape... otherwise the tyres can slowly get filled with fine sand. its a mission to empty them out, especially if you've glued the tyres on...

Yes I blasted it off at work. Wd40 is a good call. Thanks for the advice.

On 9/5/2019 at 11:59 PM, MockTurtle said:

air blow gun + compressor helps with this task. also make sure to rinse the car with tap water and wd40 the exposed metal bits if coming into contact with saltwater.

another beach tip: temporarily cover the air breathing pin holes in the wheels with tape... otherwise the tyres can slowly get filled with fine sand. its a mission to empty them out, especially if you've glued the tyres on...

On 9/6/2019 at 8:07 AM, berman said:

Welcome to the club and nice belated entry into Tamiya!

The Sand Scorcher is the king of blasting the beach! Yours is looking good, have fun!

I’ve been waiting 40 years for this. I wasn’t disappointed. It was good on the grass but fantastic on the sand. Easy to flip over on grass but never flipped once on beech. Might have to get a second battery now.