taliesin

WTB - LOSB1951 wheels

Long shot, and not Tamiya, but ... can't hurt to ask.    Anybody have a pair of rear wheels/tires for a Losi 1/16 Mini Short Course Truck?  

They're discontinued and nothing (and I mean nothing!) else works, which is why I have always been underwhelmed by Losi as a company.   I occasionally run across them for stupid money, but I'm not going to pay $50 + shipping for a pair of tires, LOL.    Nope, not gonna do it.  :lol:

I'm in the US, so if you've got a pair of them laying about, please let me know.

Cheers,

T

Figured it might be a long shot, but ... oh well.   So it goes with Losi products.   I've actually got several of the 1/16 scale vehicles and in every case it's been the wheels and tires that put paid to the vehicles usefulness when they become unobtainable.   Meh, I got my money's worth, I suppose.    Cheers.

I've never had a 1/16th vehicle so I don't know if there are standard wheel attachments, but have you looked at the Traxxas 1/16th slash wheels/tires?

Also, Turnigy and Dromida make 1/16 or 1/18 short course trucks. Dromidas is called SC4.18 I think.

I will check out the Turnigy and Dromida wheels.  

The 1/16 Traxxas Slash tires will work on the stock Losi rear wheels, but the problem is that I need the wheels too.   The ones I've got are kerbed to death and need replaced.  

I had some adapters 3-D printed that would allow the Slash remounted tires & wheels to be used but even with a massive offset to the adapter the wheels still sit too far inboard and look a bit naff.   Yes, they work, but ... it's not a great solution by any stretch.  

Maybe the Turnigy or Dromida wheels would work with the adapters I had made - assuming they are 12mm hex?   The key is the offset.   Losi rear wheels have an absolutely insane offset whilst Traxxas has the exact opposite inset (right term??).   I think the adaptors that I had made were something like 12-14mm offset for each side and still the result was a too narrow rear track.  Craziness.  

I have two brand new pairs of tires mounted on wheels for 1/16 rally car. they may work for your needs. if you are interested, I can send you pics of them

I would be interested in seeing photos of the wheels - particularly the back side.   Are the rally car wheels were asymmetrical front and back like the MSCT wheels and are they pin drive?   

Thanks for posting those pictures, unfortunately those wheels won't work.   The Losi wheels are very specific in every way - offset, pin drive, asymmetrical front & back rim dimensions, etc.    Makes it all but impossible to find a work around.   Thanks for trying though!   

I had a proper rummage through a large hobby shop this past weekend and was able to pretty much look at every type and brand of 1/14, 1/16 and 1/18 wheel configuration for models that I have never even seen before, but no luck whatsoever.   Losi just irritates me.  :angry:

Confirmed my worst suspicions that once the rear wheels are no longer available the entire vehicle is for the rubbish bin.   Oh well, I enjoyed the vehicles, but I'd never buy another from that manufacturer again for this exact reason.   It's just short sighted in my opinion.   And irritating.   Did I mention that I'm irritated with Losi?   Because they irritate me.

It's the Losi 1/16 Mini Short Course Truck.    Basically an upgraded Mini-T with a short course body and wider/longer stance that was a huge handling upgrade from the older Mini-T platform.   The Mini-T was a great little runner, but squirrelly and hard to control because it was overpowered and the wheelbase was just silly.   Loved them anyway.  They ate rear tires like mad.   Same sorry state of affairs ended those as runners.   The rear wheel situation is dire but for those models you could still try to find the equally discontinued Associated 18T wheels so there was at least some possible options.   For the MSCT there's nothing.   Nada.   Zip.  Zilch.   

Losi still irritates me, LOL.   Have I mentioned that lately?

Man, if I was still running the Mini-T those things would be snapped up in a New York minute!!!   Pure gold for anybody who is still in the market.  They're even the most desirable chrome dish instead of the more common yellow wheels.    Wish those had come up for sale back when I was still in the market.   Wow.   Nice find!   That will make somebody's day for sure.  

Now if you could just find me the ones for the MSCT!!!!!!!!  :D

17 hours ago, taliesin said:

Man, if I was still running the Mini-T those things would be snapped up in a New York minute!!!   Pure gold for anybody who is still in the market.  They're even the most desirable chrome dish instead of the more common yellow wheels.    Wish those had come up for sale back when I was still in the market.   Wow.   Nice find!   That will make somebody's day for sure.  

Now if you could just find me the ones for the MSCT!!!!!!!!  :D

lol. sorry. I was hoping maybe they'd fit