madmickmalone

Fox - Hobbywing 1060

Hi,

Anyone using a 1060 esc in a Fox, any tips on the best way of installing it in the chassis?

Cheers

MMM

• Like 1

Get the ESC, it's a great ESC for the Fox. As for installing? Simply do it as you see fit with double sided tape. Route the cables as you prefer and what fits your batteries etc.

It's a great ESC, you will not be disappointed.

31 minutes ago, DK308 said:

Get the ESC, it's a great ESC for the Fox. As for installing? Simply do it as you see fit with double sided tape. Route the cables as you prefer and what fits your batteries etc.

It's a great ESC, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the reply, i think im over thinking this, the switch length and mouting is driving me nuts ATM

I'm running one in my Novafox.

I have just taped the switch inside the chassis, and left it on, not many of my other cars have on/off switches. I've fitted a T plug (deans) as I only run lipos now and I think I had to trim a bit of the chassis to get the battery wires to sit nice (Not alot, just used a file if I remember right).

I unsoldered the wires off the stock 540 and reused them on a HPI 15t firebolt, as they are quite long, and with you having to dismantle the car to fit anything, I wanted to get something quick in there to start with!

15t firebolt, 1060 esc,  3s lipo 

• Like 2

Very nice Novafox. 

I want to upgrade my Top Force with the same motor and ESC. Firebolt 15T and 1060WP. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Madcaper said:

Very nice Novafox. 

I want to upgrade my Top Force with the same motor and ESC. Firebolt 15T and 1060WP. 

Cheers! 

Although the body is getting a bit, used.🙄

You may find trouble getting a 15t firebolt since HPI went into administration, Schumacher look to have got the rights, and making them still.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=442358

Thanks for Information

I have an original HPI motor as an spare part. Baught in 2018 in Germany. 

Yesterday I put it into my TF. But I have to change the battery connector from the ESC. I want to use an 2S LiPo. 

I will keep you updated. 

• Like 1

Now the TF is finished. I use Deans connector and a 2S Team Corally LiPo. 

Nice motor 😉

• Like 1