Sign in to follow this  
Malakite

Teu101-BK and 104BK Speed controller help pleaseee!

Guys, what am I doing wrong here?!  Neither of these seem to respond when I try to set them up?!..  I just get the same constant single red flashing light on them... pressing the 'setup' button does not change the light frequency or 'double flash' as the instructions say that it should..what am I doing wrong here please?!

Many thanks in advance :-)

Hopefully you have the TEU plugged into channel 2 of your receiver; normally that's the throttle/brake channel for a pistol radio, and channel 1 is the steering channel.  Is the receiver bound to the transmitter correctly (does the steering servo work as expected?)?

Depending on your radio gear, you may need to change your throttle/brake channel from "normal" to "reverse."

If your radio has an ABS (antilock brakes) function, be sure it is turned off.  Make sure your throttle trim is set to 0 or centered.  Make sure all EPAs (end point adjustments) are set to -100% and +100%.  Make sure any EXPO (exponential) function is set to 0% if you have one for your throttle.

Are you holding the setup button on the TEU as you turn on its power, or are you pressing the setup button after the power is turned on?  The instructions talk about pressing the button before power on or after power on to either calibrate the ESC or change some settings, I think.  Also, the duration of the button press is important (>0.5 seconds for calibration).

Which radio are you using?

Are you using them with 2.4ghz radios? Most new receivers don't have a built in BEC like the old style ones. The TEU105BK was the first one to have a BEC in the esc. I don't know if that's what's causing the problem, but it's something to look into.

Check Biz73 tip. If I remember well this the solution. Conect the the esc small red plug in the battery port of the receiver. No guarantee but for me it worked.

On 6/1/2019 at 3:09 AM, speedy_w_beans said:

Hopefully you have the TEU plugged into channel 2 of your receiver; normally that's the throttle/brake channel for a pistol radio, and channel 1 is the steering channel.  Is the receiver bound to the transmitter correctly (does the steering servo work as expected?)?

Depending on your radio gear, you may need to change your throttle/brake channel from "normal" to "reverse."

If your radio has an ABS (antilock brakes) function, be sure it is turned off.  Make sure your throttle trim is set to 0 or centered.  Make sure all EPAs (end point adjustments) are set to -100% and +100%.  Make sure any EXPO (exponential) function is set to 0% if you have one for your throttle.

Are you holding the setup button on the TEU as you turn on its power, or are you pressing the setup button after the power is turned on?  The instructions talk about pressing the button before power on or after power on to either calibrate the ESC or change some settings, I think.  Also, the duration of the button press is important (>0.5 seconds for calibration).

Which radio are you using?

Hi there - so I have an Acoms receiver and transmitter...  I have a 'N' and 'R' on the transmitter no other bits that you mention..

I press the setup button AFTER I have turned on the power, and yes I hold the button down for over half a second (this is what the instructions tell me to do).  I am really confused as yes I have the Speed Controller plugged into channel No.2.  I am wondering if I should purchase another receiver to try?  I am getting really confused as to what else to try lol....?

Hi Guys so a further update - I can get my TEU104 to work, but not my TEU 101...  What happens with the latter, is that as soon as you push forward or reverse, the red flashing light flashes really fast and constantly flashes..nothing happens... when I depress the setup button, whether it be before I turn the power on, or after, it does nothing - the flashing LED light doesn't alter..does this just mean that sadly the ESC is fried?  When I depress the setup button on my TEU104 before turning on the power - that worked re: setup...but on the 101 it has done nothing (the steering works though so I know it has power).. should I just throw this one away? :-(

Maybe the setup push button on the TEU101 is broken; I've had that happen to one TEU in the past and I simply tossed it.  Check out Hobbywing's Quicrun brushed ESCs.

3 minutes ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Maybe the setup push button on the TEU101 is broken; I've had that happen to one TEU in the past and I simply tossed it.  Check out Hobbywing's Quicrun brushed ESCs.

Wow thats crazy as I was just going to say, I remember buying another ESC ages ago - I have just dug it out, and its in fact one of those you talk of!  Weird thing is - I literally JUST plugged it in and its not working ...well the steering is, but I cannot see where there is a 'set up' button..what am I actually missing please?! lol...

Looks like there is no button - Manual.

You wait 3 seconds with the throttle in neutral and it self-calibrates.  Options are set with jumpers.

8 minutes ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Looks like there is no button - Manual.

You wait 3 seconds with the throttle in neutral and it self-calibrates.  Options are set with jumpers.

wow I will try again now then!....

Right I have the WP-1040 and I have no realised I needed to plug the wires from it into the channel 2 and not the battery part of the receiver!  At least that has fixed one of the problems :-)  I am thinking though that the TEU101 is broken, as I can push the setup button down (I hear it click) but it does not do anything, just flashes faster once I press forwards or backwards on the controller - leading me to believe it is ruined? Do you think I should just get rid of it?

If you can get a TEU-104BK to work with your battery, motor, receiver, and radio properly, and the TEU-101BK doesn't work (assuming it is installed the exact same way as the TEU-104BK, and you're using the settings button the same way), then I'd have to assume the TEU-101BK is broken.  The button might be broken, or maybe even the power electronics that run the motor are burnt even though the microcontroller that's inside is still blinking the LED.  Probably not worth your time given new brushed ESCs can be had for as little as $10 these days (example).

Is the WP-1040 working for you then?