Sign in to follow this  
ThunderDragonCy

TRF201XR/XM/XMW BB26 and BB27 Front Body Posts for plate chassis

Here's something I think quite a few of us are after. It's a substitute for the rare-as-hens-teeth BB26 and BB27 front standups from the TRF201XR/XM/XMW sets which allow you to install the TRF2XX front end on a plate chassis. Thanks to Ken at Cobra Racing for lending me his precious spares to measure up. What these now mean is that if you have an old TRF201X or DN01 lurking around somewhere, you can buy a chassis from Cobra, and these standups plus the transmission casings from me on CTE RC on Shapeways and transform it into a mid-motor speed monster!

Available now on my CTE RC Shapeways store, here http://shpws.me/RgSC

Installation instructions and materials advice are in the product description.

Tamiya TRF201XR/TRF201XM/TRF201XMW Substitute Front standup posts parts BB26 and BB27 from CTE RC on Shapeways http://shpws.me/RgSC

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

What are the cobra chassis? Do you have a link?

They are only contactable through their Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/539051429511100/permalink/2161140410635519/

This is one of their customer's cars

2019-06-03_08-07-25 2019-06-03_08-07-09

This has the Layback (short laydown) transmission option. Ken at Cobra makes the chassis plate, side plates, battery retainer and motor mount so you don't need the Tamiya Waterfall parts from my Shapeways store or the carbon battery retainer from fibre lyte, just the shock tower fron them. As i mentioned above, if you can pick up a cheap TRF201X (the original 42167 kit with the plastic tub and rear motor) and get the Layback transmission which uses all tamiya internals, you have the basis for one of these. You'll need the Cobra parts, the transmission cases and spur covers and front standups from my Shapeways store and the shock mount from fibre lyte. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

They are only contactable through their Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/539051429511100/permalink/2161140410635519/

This is one of their customer's cars

2019-06-03_08-07-25 2019-06-03_08-07-09

This has the Layback (short laydown) transmission option. Ken at Cobra makes the chassis plate, side plates, battery retainer and motor mount so you don't need the Tamiya Waterfall parts from my Shapeways store or the carbon battery retainer from fibre lyte, just the shock tower fron them. As i mentioned above, if you can pick up a cheap TRF201X (the original 42167 kit with the plastic tub and rear motor) and get the Layback transmission which uses all tamiya internals, you have the basis for one of these. You'll need the Cobra parts, the transmission cases and spur covers and front standups from my Shapeways store and the shock mount from fibre lyte. 

That looks great, and the TRF201 is USD175 at Tamiyausa at the moment too. I suppose with all those parts it will end up costing the same or more than a neaw B6.1 or something, but its Tamiya

16 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

That looks great, and the TRF201 is USD175 at Tamiyausa at the moment too. I suppose with all those parts it will end up costing the same or more than a neaw B6.1 or something, but its Tamiya

Almost certainly. If you are serious the only thing you need to factor in as well is either some kind of front hex conversion if you have a lot of wheels, or get the 3/8" tamiya front axles so you can use Schumacher Flexlite or Associated slim inch bearing feont wheels. 

• Like 1