Sign in to follow this  
ChrisL

Hotshot 2 D Parts !!!

Hey guys,

Just finished the restoration of my Hotshot 2 - its looking really good apart from the cracked rear shock tower, oooh and the front shock mounts are not to pretty either!! 

Anyone know anywhere where i can pick up the front and rear shock towers? Anyone seen any D Parts anywhere!

Please Help !! :-)

Chris

As with all vintage parts, you just have to be patient and they will come up eventually. Not every vintage part is available all the time - that's part of life of when restoring vintage cars. (Some parts only come up for sale once every few months. Some rare parts for other cars can even only appear once every few years ;))

Fortunately for you, the D parts for Hotshot II does come up now and then. Some sold on eBay pretty recently. It is marked "RCC Hotshot II 1987" and "Made in Japan" on the sprue, and typically sells for about US$50-$60.

• Like 1

hi there - thanks for the reply, yes think im going to have to set up some alerts and wait and see what comes along! 

If we want a runner rather than completely original, Boomerang B parts B10 and B11 will sort your front shock. The rear tower is taller for the Long Shocks by the look of it (and blue so maybe paint it?) and that's on the C parts sprue.

16 hours ago, ChrisL said:

hi there - thanks for the reply, yes think im going to have to set up some alerts and wait and see what comes along! 

If you want functional rather than original, I've got an aluminium one I made myself somewhere.

very kind offer thanks but im holding out for some originals - the ones i have work but are badly cracked so its a static model only until i find something better

5 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

If we want a runner rather than completely original, Boomerang B parts B10 and B11 will sort your front shock. The rear tower is taller for the Long Shocks by the look of it (and blue so maybe paint it?) and that's on the C parts sprue.

Aha great info - Ordered the B Parts from Ebay so that has sorted the front out thank you !!!

I'll haver a look into the C Parts now - thanks!

There just was two auctions for the D tree complete on eBay.  Might still be there .  Good luck