Sign in to follow this  
Terz1

Grasshopper chassis - labelled 'OFF ROADER'

Hi guys. I've got a grasshopper chassis labelled 'OFF ROADER' in the chassis. The chassis has no breaks and also has the front supspension, arms, side bars, bumper and gearbox. I believe the grasshopper labelled like this was produced only in 1984 (anyone feel free to correct me about this). I like to modify/change my tamiya and it just doesn't seem right to do it to something made so long ago for such a short time. 

If I did decide to sell it what would be a fair price for something like this? If the average person wants a grasshopper to bash about with could they can get a re-re very easily but I see this more for someone that has a vintage grasshopper which may need repairing, and they want to do a period correct refurbishment to it and display it like it was back in the day. I remember a post a long time back and @Hibernaculum seemed to know a lot about these. Thanks or any help.

I'll take some pics and add them to the post

Ive seen first issue grasshopper projects sell on ebay, they dont seem to make any more than any other grasshopper.

You may get a little extra over a normal vintage chassis, but not much.

• Like 1

Not a whole lot more than than a normal chassis. I would say maybe 50% more.  If you find the right person maybe double. 

For the chassis tub only. I would guess somewhere around $20-$25 USD.

• Like 1