Sign in to follow this  
ThunderDragonCy

Can i widen an M05 or M07 for a 190mm body?

I have seen a body i would really like to use but its 190 x 237 wheelbase. I don't think an ff03 will fit with the short overhang as it was designed to fit another brands 4wd chassis. I don't want a ta02s, and i have never had an m chassis. Had a look at the m05 manual and it looks like i could just get the tl01 c parts and longer driveshafts and i am pretty much there. Can anyone confirm this is possible?

Alternatively can the M07 be widened? I am less sure about this, but maybe tl01 font arms and ta07 rear arms would go? 

Any advice much appreciated. 

I know you could do it easily with the M03, but I'm not sure about the M05. My instinct is that it would probably work, but you might need to figure out some different upper links. TL01/TA01 dogbones should work.

If you can get your hands on an FF02, that's basically an M03 with TL01 suspension arms and a spacer to stretch out the wheelbase. That might be the way to go.

Out of curiosity, what's the body?

• Thanks 1

What shell is it? I’ve had a similar thought about widening an M-04 but keeping the wheelbase at 237mm. 

I’ve fitted TL01 arms to a lengthened M04 to make it 257 x 190mm so you should be able to do similar with the M03 or M05

• Thanks 1

M05 would be same route as widening the M03 to FF03 spec. Upper Camber links can be quite easily made to fit with a turnbuckle Setup in the corresponding length. I´m also curious about the body: If the rear overhang is not too big, you could also consider widening the M06 in L length. Would be the same way as the M03/05. M07 uses different Wishbone Adapters than the old M03-M06, so this cannot be done easily with TL01 wishbones, and would need much more custom work and time. 

• Thanks 1

It's a HPI Peugeot 106. For the HPI Sprint Gti chassis. It has tiny overhangs and the sprint was a mid-motor 4wd. Always wanted a Peugeot rc car. I can't see me ever owning a 306. They are so rare even i wouldn't run one which is saying something. Spotted this the other day and took a shine to it. 

I was under the impression this body would fit the TA03FS, which has a front-mounted motor.  Indeed I actually have a TA03FS which I've not found a suitable body for, feel free to message me if you're interested in a trade ;)

4 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

I was under the impression this body would fit the TA03FS, which has a front-mounted motor.  Indeed I actually have a TA03FS which I've not found a suitable body for, feel free to message me if you're interested in a trade ;)

I read that too. Thanks for offer. Will have a think, but i am not a fan of belts for the general street running this is likely to be doing.