tecnica2001

2wd Baja Ford F-150 Stepside

Made a rear bumper out of styrene plastic and installed two off road lamps as tail lights and a left over stop light from a Jeep body....

8822B219-DB47-44A7-A206-CCD61F8275C8.jpeg

Here are the Holiday buggy gerry cans that i've attached using rare earth magnets, and another look at the styrene bumper and homemade tailights....

IMG_9560.JPG

IMG_9562.JPG

IMG_9567.JPG

IMG_9568.JPG

• Like 2

Loving this build.  My favourite Tamiya truck body on a proper chassis.  Love the use of the transmission too - I have an old 4-linked Grasshopper project that I really should rebuild at some point...

12 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

Loving this build.  My favourite Tamiya truck body on a proper chassis.  Love the use of the transmission too - I have an old 4-linked Grasshopper project that I really should rebuild at some point...

Thank you,

I agree 100%, I love this Tamiya body, I'm already thinking of another project that I want to build with it (4wd though).... with the proper wheels and adaptors, you can tuck half of the tire under the body....I just received a set of RC4WD narrow pin hubs for the wheels and that brought my rear end width to about 184mm, while the front is about 188mm with the 1.55 RC4wd wheels and tires... I might throw in a spare tire to complete the bed, and still waiting on my MCI Racing decals....

• Like 1

FINALLY!!!!!

Got my MCI Racing Decals, these guys are awesome by the way....

These are blank Blackfoot decals, that I've switched from red to silver, a sheet of racing numbers, and the look is completed.... finished up the gerry gas cans, and I can honestly say, this is my favorite R/C build so far, it's not the faster, it's not the prettiest, but it's definitely my favorite, maybe a soon to come 4x4 version of this one will be my favorite, until then, this one tops em all....B)