Sign in to follow this  
TenzoR

TL01/M03/FF02 front/rear end size

Does anyone know if I can use the front M03/FF02 carbon stiffener on the TL01 front/rear? 

It looks like I need two Front Stiffeners since the TL01 front/rear are the same. 

If anyone has a M03 and TL01, could you help me compare? I used to have a M03 so I do seem to recall the size but I want to be sure before I order it. 

Link to the stiffener

https://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/cars/tamiya/m03ff02.html

1 hour ago, TenzoR said:

Does anyone know if I can use the front M03/FF02 carbon stiffener on the TL01 front/rear? 

It looks like I need two Front Stiffeners since the TL01 front/rear are the same. 

If anyone has a M03 and TL01, could you help me compare? I used to have a M03 so I do seem to recall the size but I want to be sure before I order it. 

Sorry, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean with "carbon stiffener". So maybe I'm thinking in the completely wrong direction, but If you mean the plate that is used to hold the gearbox halves together instead of the bumpers, then it first came with the TL01 lightweight chassis set.

So it fits:

TL01 / TL01B /TL01-Ra front and rear

M03 front and rear

M04 rear only

FF02 front and rear

All WR02's front and rear

GF01 / GF01TR front and rear

G6-01 / G6-01TR front and rear

WT01 / WT01N rear only

4WD version of WT01 front and rear

10 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Sorry, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean with "carbon stiffener". So maybe I'm thinking in the completely wrong direction, but If you mean the plate that is used to hold the gearbox halves together instead of the bumpers, then it first came with the TL01 lightweight chassis set.

So it fits:

TL01 / TL01B /TL01-Ra front and rear

M03 front and rear

M04 rear only

FF02 front and rear

All WR02's front and rear

GF01 / GF01TR front and rear

G6-01 / G6-01TR front and rear

WT01 / WT01N rear only

4WD version of WT01 front and rear

Sorry I must have forgot to include the link which probably would have helped. It's the carbon stiffener from fibre lyte to reinforce the damper mount

Anyone have a m03 and TL01 can compare the front and back end to see if they are the same?

The TL01 and M03 have the same dimensions at the rear, so the rear stiffener you have linked on Fibre Lyte will fit both vehicles.

The fronts have different dimensions, so the way the front stiffener on Fibre Lyte is designed will not fit the TL01 -- it will be too tall. However, the distance between the the top shock mount holes is the same. If you're just looking for the upper part of the stiffener to put on the TL01, the M03 front stiffener could probably be easily redesigned to be more like the discontinued 3Racing part. I have considered talking to Fibre Lyte about doing this, but just don't have time to draw up the part.

Thank you very much I was just about to order the parts to try them out. Thankfully I didn't go through with the order. 

I wished I had both car to measure out to send it to them. They are definitely very good about making minor redesigning. 

Isn't front and rear of TL01 identical? If it is, you could use two rear M03 parts.

On 6/14/2019 at 6:20 AM, Honza said:

Isn't front and rear of TL01 identical? If it is, you could use two rear M03 parts.

The front shock tower on the TL01 is slightly wider than the rear. The overall dimensions of the front end are also slightly taller. If you were to align the “T” cutout on the Fibre Lyte piece with the TL01 front end, you will find it to be both too narrow and too short to align with the damper mounting holes. 

I contacted thercracer, the original designers of these parts, who said he is working on the TL01 version. Stay tune! 

I believe he also visits this forum...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TenzoR said:

I contacted thercracer, the original designers of these parts, who said he is working on the TL01 version.

Good news! I’ll be one of the first in line to buy some when they go up on Fibre Lyte.

Btw, I think he goes by @qatmix on here...