therealmonkeyracing

Track Width, Front Axle

Hi guys. Could anyone supply me with a few dimensions? I’m curious about the track width of a beam front axle, and the overall width to the outside of the wheels. I’m combating an SCX10 trail truck to 2wd and think this might be a good option, if the dimensions are right.

Thank you for your help.

My last one is boxed up , so no help from that atm.. YET..

think 2x .. the 1/14 axels ( front especially ) are a bit wobbly - at best 

There some options to make it more stable, but..   * mhe *

and at first glance look at the scx10 ( google )

Wayyy to narrow for your use.

On 6/9/2019 at 1:37 PM, therealmonkeyracing said:

Hi guys. Could anyone supply me with a few dimensions? I’m curious about the track width of a beam front axle, and the overall width to the outside of the wheels. I’m combating an SCX10 trail truck to 2wd and think this might be a good option, if the dimensions are right.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Monkey' - funny you should ask this (I think you mentioned it on another thread too recently?), as it's what I've done with my 2WD HiLux build here:

I used an aftermarket 1:14 truck axle (from ebay), but they are basically the same - the overall width of the axle [ie. to the tip of the threads] is 181mm I'd say, while the distance between the two stub axle faces (where the inside bearings would sit - the front axle being the free-wheel type) is 145mm. This means you've got about 18mm of stub axle on each side.

What I did was cut two tubular spacers (7mm long) which allowed me to space out the 1.7 truck wheels I used on the front so they fill the arches of my Trailfinder II cab - but I believe the SCX10 axles are about 15mm wider again than a Trailfinder/Gelande version?

Hope that helps...

Jenny x