Sign in to follow this  
Sitmark

Trf 415 msxx mr edition

Hi fellow tamiya enthusiasts,

I just got my first trf onroad car back: the 415msxx mr edition. There is some work required to restore it, inshould be able to find all parts, im not worries about that.

the plan for the car however is to make it a replica of the car which marc reinhardt won in 2007. I cant seem ronfind the exact specs on the body and colors, the pictures do not say enough. The electronics are not clear either. All i have to go on is ‘lrp tc and checkpoint motor’

any help would be greatly appreciated

BF529B33-28EA-4A3C-8BF9-BA3E26024FB5.jpeg

Indeed that is the manual i have 😉

Did the mazda speed body already exist back then? It would be cool to have that exact body.

incznt seemnto find a nice picture to get the color scheme either.

I see some old chatter on RCTech announcing the Mazdaspeed 6 body around November 2006; AMain Hobbies seemed to start carrying it in January 2007.  So, I guess it's possible Mr. MR may have had access to it for his use.

Color-wise, I have no idea.  The body pictures I see make it look like the body was airbrushed, which likely means non-Tamiya colors by whoever the artist was.  You'll have to do your best to grab images and experiment with different paint to get the same tones.

Installed the new chassis, the previous owner apparently installed a 415MSXX non-MRE chassis which did not fit 100% the same. eg: front bumper holder does not fit anymore.
And while looking at this picture, its the wrong upper deck as well, it seems i will need to source  tamiya item 14004053. This is tipping the point of just buying a new one to be cheaper :) Nothing replaces me actually have raced this baby though..

It was pretty cool to have removed the chassis and the car stayed in one piece (upside down, see picture)

I have found the livery in a big enough image, ordered colours and an airbrush kit. It was long due that I tried that myself :)

415MSXX in progress.jpeg

rr07_smb1.jpg

On 5/28/2020 at 12:41 PM, Sitmark said:

Installed the new chassis, the previous owner apparently installed a 415MSXX non-MRE chassis which did not fit 100% the same. eg: front bumper holder does not fit anymore.
And while looking at this picture, its the wrong upper deck as well, it seems i will need to source  tamiya item 14004053. This is tipping the point of just buying a new one to be cheaper :) Nothing replaces me actually have raced this baby though..

It was pretty cool to have removed the chassis and the car stayed in one piece (upside down, see picture)

I have found the livery in a big enough image, ordered colours and an airbrush kit. It was long due that I tried that myself :)

415MSXX in progress.jpeg

rr07_smb1.jpg

Did you get any further with replicating this car?

Luke

From the first picture this car appears to be a MSX MRE with a standard MSXX top deck, and a standard MSX lower deck. Definitely has the 2005 MSX MRE rear bulkheads and top brace. This was before they were shaving the motor mount so it didn't touch the lower deck. And before the top brace was replaced with two separate hold downs to increase rear flex.