Sign in to follow this  
87lc2

SCX10 2.2 Monster Trucks

I know they're not Tamiya, but thought some of you monster truck guys might appreciate these trucks.  They're both built on SCX10 chassis with the shorter 11.5" wheelbase.  Both are running aluminum axle housings with open diffs and 4ws.  

The Bigfoot bodied truck runs a stock metal geared single speed trans with 32 pitch gears, 27t brushed motor, Jconcepts Midwest wheels and Proline Destroyer 2.2 tires.  Body is a 79 Jconcepts F250 with a Clod light bar.  

The black truck is a replica of a local 1:1 truck that ran in the area when I was a kid, the PA Mountain Monster.  This truck sits a little taller and runs lifted chassis plates, a full metal 2-speed transmission, 35t brushed motor, and JConcepts Midwest wheels and JConcepts Rangers tires.  Also added LEDs behind the decals, came out OK for a lexan body.

They're not the best performing RC monster trucks (when compared to a Clod, TXT, or similar), but that's not really why I built them.  They run well and the 4ws helps a lot.  The 2-speed in the black truck is nice.  It will crawl over pretty much anything in low gear and high gear offers plenty of speed.  They're great for running in the yard and smaller jumps.  Probably too fragile to go crazy on jumps like you could with a modified Clod, but again, that's not really the point of these.  Hope you guys think they're as cool as I do.  I just enjoy looking at them if nothing else.

IMG_5690.JPG

IMG_5693.JPG

IMG_5692.JPG

IMG_5597.JPG

IMG_5599.JPG

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Those are fantastic! Do you have any shots without the bodies? Really impressive, thanks for sharing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like yours with the Jugg body tecnica2001, very nice.  Sure Saito, I can post a few photos of the chassis without bodies later.  

18 hours ago, BigJag said:

Great looking trucks. Don't suppose you have any video of these running? 

Sorry, I dont but I can try to get something over the next week or so.  Typically never have videos of anything running, too difficult to hold the phone & drive.  The Bigfoot has brushless power, aluminum axles with open diffs, and full metal transmission.  I'll try to get that out by next weekend and see if I can get some video.

• Like 1