Doc Hollywood

Are there any meetings and events near Leicestershire

Hi all

I want to use my Tamiya cars more often but have no were to take them and use them apart from the back garden and occasionally on holiday. so wondering if there are any meets or events that happen around Leicester or near Leicestershire.  

thanks in advance

The BRCA website lists the club's it has registered, but these will generally be race clubs, maybe worth a visit to see if they have family nights or RWYB open nights.

If you want to run at any club, you'll need brca membership (although I think you can run 3 visits on a track before it's mandatory). Membership is £20 for the year (2019 - not 12 months) and is basically 3rd party insurance (on and off the track) 

https://www.brca.org/clubs 

The one I'm wanting to goto - Tamiya Junkies, which is, fairly close, to you, is at Robin hood Raceway in Yorkshire, and the event listed below your post! 👍

Thank you Wooders I had a look at BRCA and couldn't  find any clubs that seem to use Tamiya cars. The Tamiya Junkies sounds good but is too far to go :( 

I did wonder about organising a meet in Leicester but don't know how to organise one.

5 hours ago, Doc Hollywood said:

Thank you Wooders I had a look at BRCA and couldn't  find any clubs that seem to use Tamiya cars. The Tamiya Junkies sounds good but is too far to go :( 

None of the club's list what make of car they run (none i can find anyway), only the type, off road / on road , 10th scale etc, even Robin hood Raceway doesn't, and that's where the Tamiya Junkies run! 

I'd pop along to the one at Hinckley (if thats the closest?) Have a chat with people there. If you turned up at the Glasgow club with a lunchbox and wanted to run, as long as it wasn't a championship night, you could run it! (Although we've a spare club car, so of we knew you were coming, could race that) 

5 hours ago, Doc Hollywood said:

I did wonder about organising a meet in Leicester but don't know how to organise one.

Again, speak to your local club, if it's a permanent track, you may be able to rent the venue for a day/night, if there's a few of you, it shouldn't be too expensive.

Another option is to get a few people together , meet at a local park, skatepark, bmx track and just have a laugh! 😁