Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon Gillham

VRC simulator

Has anyone tried this? I'm tempted to give it a go as its pretty cheap for the USB adapter and if it works then it will be awesome - an hours practice is hard to come by and takes about 3 hours at the track to get 1 hour driving in. Thoughts?

I've tried it, and it's pretty good! I find the 'free' cars to be a bit lacking in setup options, and so replicating my track car is difficult, but if you use it purely to get track time in and train that all-important hand-eye coordination it's unbeatable. Especially with the USB adapter hooked up to a spare receiver (what I did).

• Like 1

I've come upon a cd "full version" lately. It was a really cheap buy. Though i don't get it running, Getting a message "can' t get an internet Connection" . I think it's not compatible with newer Microsoft Stuff as the game states from 2006 if correct ( i have Windows). Any ideas how to get it fixed?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scoobybooster said:

I've come upon a cd "full version" lately. It was a really cheap buy. Though i don't get it running, Getting a message "can' t get an internet Connection" . I think it's not compatible with newer Microsoft Stuff as the game states from 2006 if correct ( i have Windows). Any ideas how to get it fixed?

No idea, if ypu go their website you sign up online and play online I think.

6 hours ago, GooneyBird said:

I've tried it, and it's pretty good! I find the 'free' cars to be a bit lacking in setup options, and so replicating my track car is difficult, but if you use it purely to get track time in and train that all-important hand-eye coordination it's unbeatable. Especially with the USB adapter hooked up to a spare receiver (what I did).

Thanks thats just what I wanted to hear. Its about NZD30 for the USB thing delivered and I don't see it being good practice without it

On 6/14/2019 at 5:51 PM, scoobybooster said:

That sounds like it's a REALLY OLD version. The current version can be downloaded free-of-charge from http://www.vrcworld.com/.

After that I'd highly recommend getting the USB adapter for your radio, and then go and have fun.

8 hours ago, GooneyBird said:

That sounds like it's a REALLY OLD version. The current version can be downloaded free-of-charge from http://www.vrcworld.com/.

After that I'd highly recommend getting the USB adapter for your radio, and then go and have fun.

The USB adapter looks to be a victim of the trump trade war. Apparently their supplier was unable to continue so they have found another, and the price went from 15 euros delivered worldwide to 60 euros! Still need to try to getbone though

The core game/sim is free.  However, the content is not.  I bought it from a HumbleBundle deal which had all the current content in the bundle.  I haven't used the onroad content, just the offroad.  

My opinion, is that it's a decent practice tool.  However, I found the viewing perspective harder than real life and air control seems more simplified than real life.  Still a great tool.  Also, being able to play with various ESC settings before messing with your own is also nice. 

• Like 1