Sign in to follow this  
AndyjcClod

Not moving on short grass (King Hauler)

I have a King Hauler with a Carson Poison Truck Motor installed and it works great but, if I add my flatbed trailer and try and drive over short grass the truck stops and wont move (It just seems to slow to a stop and hasnt got the power to move), is this normal or should this truck be able to drag a trailer over short grass?

I have tried it with the diffs locked and unlocked and it makes no difference.

If not normal has anyone got any ideas on solutions?

I have no experience with the Carson motor, but I think it is approx an 80t being only 7000rpm. Anyway, I would imagine it should just lose traction with the gear ratio in first, I can't recall any of my trucks bogging down (and they all have 55t motors). But have never driven in grass, or had locked diffs...

Do you use NiMh or LiPo?

• Like 1

Try a lower turn motor or more voltage, sounds like the motor is stalling.  I know they're not the same vehicle, but I've run 80t motors in crawlers and they will stall out at times when going over obstacles.  More voltage will certainly fix it, and a lower turn motor will help as well.

• Like 1

Have you tried putting some weights on the trailer? Maybe the truck is stuck because the wheels dont have enough traction.  You can also try locking the diff

• Like 1

perhaps try a Tamiya 540 torque tuned motor as the motor doesn't sound like it has enough torque to deal with the resistance of the trailer and the grass. Another possibility is the Tamiya RS 540 sport tuned motor which will perhaps have more speed so it will pull it along on short grass without a struggle. You also could try the kit 540 motor and see if that makes a difference to the pulling power so that you know that the battery is sufficient and also providing enough voltage to the motor to pull the truck along.  

• Like 1