Sign in to follow this  
salvine

TGX resto question. Nitro experts

Bought one a couple years ago and decided to get it running. Motor and carb were both seized but got them freed up. This one has the electric stater added on with the battery jump box. Put in a new glow plug and fresh fuel and after some coaxing it fires up. Issue I am having is that unless I keep pushing on the little blue priming pump on the tank it will die. Looks like it uses pressure form the exhaust to pressurize the fuel tank to keep things running. This looks to be working as there is pressure coming to the tank. Thoughts or a good online resource for these guys?

Check the 'O' ring under the tank filler cap - might be missing or split in which case you will lose the pressure from the exhaust which is effectively your fuel pump.

• Like 1

Nitro problem is 99% air seal problem. (yes, that's an exaggeration---but it feels true)  

I agree with what @Tamiyabigstuff said.  It's likely the seal on the fuel cap, or the spring to keep it closed is weak.  You'd have noticed fuel leak, if the cap was sealed tightly and the pressure was pumping out the fuel to Neverland.  

I learn a lot from youtube. Below might be useful.