Bromley

Losi Baja Rey Ford Raptor

I have ordered the new Losi Baja Rey Raptor, This is my 1st foray into a non Tamiya vehicle. Also my 1st trophy truck, 1st Ready To Run and 1st brushless vehicle.

What is the general consensus on Losi factory build quality, and parts durability. Am I best to rebuild the truck when it arrives or can I happily run it without worry? Questions I no doubt should have asked before placing the order, but this truck really pushes my buttons.

The truck comes with a Spektrum wheel Tx, this is again a 1st for me, having only used sticks previously. The car/Tx has buillt in steering gyro. If I can't get on with the wheel Tx I may have to lose the gyro and stick another Rx in so I can use my Fly sky FSi6 Tx. Any thoughts on this, will it still be drivable on 3s without the gyro?

I've tried friends cars using a wheel Tx, but never for long enough to really feel in control. In fact they feel totally alien. Maybe it will come in time.

Your thoughts please?

Cannot comment on your opinion of stick vs wheel (I use both). But have been watching lots of videos on the Baja Rey (or more specifically the Super Baja Rey), and liking it more and more, so I am interested to see how you like it. The early Baja Reys (1/10) had diff issues but that apparently quickly go remedied.

Can't be much help on Losi reliability other than the linkage between a servo and steering on my SRB is Losi and still going strong. 

But stick v wheel Tx, I prefer wheel since the faster pace of nitro and one stand out was when the car is coming towards you I found sometimes I would steer the 'wrong' way with a stick previously, but with the wheel Tx I don't get the left & right mixed up. Just give it a few runs to give it chance. 

Enjoy the new addition.

Thanks for the replies chaps. Guess I'm gonna have to suck it and see. The general consensus seems to be that Losi are good quality. I'll give it a once over just to make sure every thing is tight and then run the snot out of it until I get used to the wheelie Tx. I really need to at least become competent with a wheelie Tx, It's so frustrating when people say have a go with this and that new rig or whatever, I have to say no thank you, even when I really want to have a go. I'm so bad with a wheel it's not even funny and the last thing I want to do is smash up somebodies brand new vehicle!

Here's a picture of the beast in question. Mine won't be with me for a while, but I'll be sure to update you on progress.

How did you get on in the end @Bromley

I've just seen a couple of vid's on these and looked a lot of fun.

I actually cancelled the order. The whole RTR thing was bugging me to be fair. I like the build process, gathering the parts and hop ups, and making a vehicle your own. I went with a Super Clod Buster kit instead which I intend on customising. Not full Mod Clod, but more classic 80s monster truck with some nice scale detail. Not the same kettle of fish by a long way. More my cuppa tea though.

I might one day get an RTR, but that day isn't today.

• Like 1