Sign in to follow this  
Slippery Slope

Newb First Post - New Build Lancia 037 TA02S

Hello everyone,

This is my third Tamiya build after The Frog re-re and a Lancia Integrale TT-02.

I've had this 58654 waiting to be built for months but just no time to do it - until now!

Just building up the rear ball diff is a much higher level and more interesting build than I remember either the frog or TT02 being.

I have a Sports Tuned motor and metal bearings ready for the build and I have had a good read through a couple of other more experienced builders threads.

As you'd expect there are still a couple of questions that I have in my head and I'd like to call upon your experience and/or opinions.

1 - Pinion Thoughts for the Sports Tuned motor in a TA02S for light gravel driving?

2 - Upgrade to Propshaft and Motor mount, does the Manta Ray 47373 kit fit the SWB version of the TA02?  Or are there better choices?

I don't really have a massive budge for this build as we're about to move house!

Thanks in Advance.

Brendan

• Like 1

Yes I believe it does fit fine, Im pfetty sure I have the manta ray propshaft kit (as it came with the alloy motor mount too??) to use in a TA02SW Porsch GT2 - the short wheelbase is created by the orientation of the rear sus arms not the body tub.

18 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Yes I believe it does fit fine, Im pfetty sure I have the manta ray propshaft kit (as it came with the alloy motor mount too??) to use in a TA02SW Porsch GT2 - the short wheelbase is created by the orientation of the rear sus arms not the body tub.

I thought the TA02 tube was 20mm shorter than the Manta Ray?