Fried Tyres

Thunder Dragon info

I'm after some info on the old Thunder Dragon.  I'm in the process of finishing one off so I have a complete set of all five body styles of the Thundershot chassis.  I need to know what the correct paint code is, what details were called for regarding the windows (I've seen it clear, tinted and painted black) and what chassis cover was used (was it the plain cover or was it the one with the driver moulded in?).

I'd love to be able to see the appropriate pages in the manual if someone could post them.  I'd even be willing to buy a manual is someone had a spare for sale.  I'm also struggling to find the decals for this vehicle now :mellow:

Thanks for any help folks!

Chris.

14 minutes ago, Fried Tyres said:

I'm after some info on the old Thunder Dragon.  I'm in the process of finishing one off so I have a complete set of all five body styles of the Thundershot chassis.  I need to know what the correct paint code is, what details were called for regarding the windows (I've seen it clear, tinted and painted black) and what chassis cover was used (was it the plain cover or was it the one with the driver moulded in?).

I'd love to be able to see the appropriate pages in the manual if someone could post them.  I'd even be willing to buy a manual is someone had a spare for sale.  I'm also struggling to find the decals for this vehicle now :mellow:

Thanks for any help folks!

Chris.

Decals

https://mciracing.ca/products/thunder-dragon

Manual

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/manuals.asp?cm=387

2 minutes ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

What the?!  You good man!  Thank you.  For some reason I couldn't find any Tamiya decals when I went into the MCI site, but I have used them before.  I feared they'd stopped making them.  I didn't know about the 'Manuals' section on the site here either.  I guess I don't look around too much past the main few sub-forums I visit.

Thanks again mate.

Chris.

I started same place as you did only my old Thundershot was first up, then a Terra Scorcher and a Fire Dragon and lastly a Thunder Dragon.

20190105_125438

but then it started to get out of hand as added all the 4WD buggies prior to them as well.

2019-04-27_05-38-31

Most of my shells are TBG and all the decals on them are MCI

2 hours ago, Baddon said:

I started same place as you did only my old Thundershot was first up, then a Terra Scorcher and a Fire Dragon and lastly a Thunder Dragon.

Yeah, same here.  I had a Thundershot as a kid.  I dipped my toe back into this a while back and decided that I'd like to make the set.  I started with a Thundershot and have now built all the others.  I just need to paint the Fire Dragon and Thunder Dragon and I'm done.  I'll post a thread when they're finished.

I also started to collect other releases but was starting to run out of room.  I got rid of most of them.  The only non-Thundershot chassis I have now is a CC01 (Unimog) and a hopped up Astute.  I will probably sell the Astute soon.

Chris.

Most of mine still need work,

Thundershot needs cleaned up.....shocks stripped and re-built and the chassis cover and drive painted and installed. Correct tires and rims fitted.

Thunderdragon - chassis cover and driver again, wheels and tires again...

FireDragon - Wheels, tires and chassis cover, some over painting cleaned up.

Terra - chassis cover and over spray sorted out.

I have stalled in all things Tamiya (cept for browsing eBay....)