graemevw

Flysky fsi6 sticks mod

Thought id post this in case its of any use to others.

I bought an fsi6 even though i only need 2 channels because its cheap, has 20 model memory, epa adjustments and receivers are £5 each (i use the 3 channel ones.

The left throttle stick doesnt self return, but you can take the spring mech off the up down movement of the right stick and swap it over. This gives the 2 channels  needed the self centering we want.

It was annoying me that the sticks still moved in the 2 directions i didnt need though so i had a look to see what i could do. I didnt want to glue them as i wanted to be able to reverse the mod.

Turns out you can just drill 1.5mm holes in the spindles and use a SRB wheel screw to lock the stick. See the two little silver screw heads, one on each stick.

It now just behaves like a normal 2 channel stick radio.

20190623_204254-1080x1920.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hi could you point out where you have drilled in the photo? I am not clear on what has to be done? Any chance of some pictures to show what needs to be drilled?

Regards,
LSM

• Like 1

Badly marked with the red lines.

This is where the spindle is clamped. I drilled through the clamp, through the spindle and into the case and then put a screw in to lock the gimbal.

20190726_131804.jpg

• Like 1

No need to drill to get the throttle stick to self centre. You can buy the bits (check eBay/banggood). Only a couple of quid. There are vids on YouTube on how to fit. Should take about 10 mins total. 

1 hour ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

No need to drill to get the throttle stick to self centre. You can buy the bits (check eBay/banggood). Only a couple of quid. There are vids on YouTube on how to fit. Should take about 10 mins total. 

Think you've missed the point here. He has drilled the spindles so the gimbles only move in the desired direction. The self centering spring has been taken from the right hand sticks up and down movement. 

Hello,

Have any of you guys tried to swap the sticks like in this video ? If you did, just wondering how well that worked as another solution. Thanks

@graemevw thank you for a great tip. I have been meaning to do the same thing as I am using a stick radio too. I think the sticks are superior to a wheel for steering but sadly the trigger is superior to a stick for throttle and braking (both statements my own preference, not a fact). So I am still unsure which type of transmitter I prefer. But I'll try your mod :)

6 hours ago, Iron Steel said:

Hello,

Have any of you guys tried to swap the sticks like in this video ? If you did, just wondering how well that worked as another solution. Thanks

Yes, I did this on both my FS-i4 and FS-i6X, and they are both still working flawlessly! Swapping the whole stick modules from side to side is way easier than trying to change over the spring return pieces.

I also cranked down the screw for the metal piece on the non-spring-return side, in order to keep the steering stick in one spot a little better. And I find that I actually really like the steering stick in the "down" position, it's a little more ergonomic for me. But if I was racing, I'd probably want it fixed in a more solid way.