hanzo

WR-02 Assembly Universal Shaft 54394

I’ve been thinking about installing the Tamiya WR-02 Assembly Universal Shaft #54394.

The specs show the shaft is 39mm, 4mm longer than the standard WR-02 shaft at 35mm?

Other than better cornering stability (rear wheels would be 8mm wider), any other noticeable improvements?

Anyone have experience installing this Hop Up?

Trying to decide to pickup or not...

1 hour ago, hanzo said:

I’ve been thinking about installing the Tamiya WR-02 Assembly Universal Shaft #54394.

The specs show the shaft is 39mm, 4mm longer than the standard WR-02 shaft at 35mm?

Other than better cornering stability (rear wheels would be 8mm wider), any other noticeable improvements?

Anyone have experience installing this Hop Up?

Trying to decide to pickup or not...

The dimension refers to the length of the driveshaft and not the wheel shaft. So resulting width of the model is the same with the universals as with the original dogbones. If you want to widen the WR-02 slightly, you can fit WR-02CB suspension arms. They are available in black, green and soon grey. If you want to widen it a LOT, you can fit TL-01B / WT-01 suspension arms.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for clarifying.  I might fit some other suspension arms instead then.

From Tamiya site:

These are assembly universal drive shafts which are designed for use with WR-02 chassis machines. They minimize friction loss and ensure smooth power transfer to the wheels compared to standard dog bones. 

From Tamiya's description, I guess this will improve power distribution to the wheels only.  

I haven't seen any comments of this Hop Up on the forums, probably not frequently used.