Sign in to follow this  
RestoModGod

1977 NIB ***SOLD*** Tamiya Black Edition Porsche 934 for sale

I had someone contact me recently, wanting this kit. Drop me a message and I'm happy to put you in contact with him - can't guarantee it will work out or anything, but I know I was asked about it. So you never know.

I’m not in any real rush my car has atleast 6 months before I need the tires and the lift kit, so I figured I might as well get the sale going.  Please send me a message.  I believe there’s a message box on TC 

This thing has come up so few times in the last 15 years I've been here at TC, I have to be a part of the sale thread :P

• Haha 1

Since this is the same kit as sold on Yahoo Japan recently, and since the photos you've posted are the same ones as the Yahoo Japan listing, I'm just wondering - do you physically have the kit in your possession before reselling it?   https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x622493254#enlargeimg

Also, fyi - the decals in the kit are unfortunately not the original vintage ones. Below are how the original vintage ones look, based on a pic from another member's showroom listing.

image.png.63a7c4866fc99c6e34af0b38c6c48be1.png

I’m well aware, my friend has just received it last night and said “everything is wonderfully in tact”. He said he would get photos over to me Monday when he is repackaging it to forward it with very expensive insurance.  I am well aware the stickers aren’t the original I also was informed by a young mate that he could get me the stickers from another collector but they would run me 4-500$.   You must understand the closing price isn’t as simple as that there’s a multitude of taxes fees, my friend $105 for just receiving it as it has resin and the dropship wouldn’t forward it out of the country... and I can always make this disappear and re appear in a matter of years I’m not dying to get rid of it quite frankly I think it’s mega sweet. I’m not looking for much more then I paid I’ll have $3700 atleast into this then I’ll have the bag professionally cleaned and resealed so I mean it’s seeming to add up then if I had to pay (If I even get the chance) $400-500 for decals we are at $4200 so it adds up. Clearly I’m not doing it to lose money and I will only do it if I can make a couple bucks but if not I managed to get a complete nib black Porsche for 4 grand give or take, and to me that’s worth it. 

2 hours ago, Hibernaculum said:

Also, fyi - the decals in the kit are unfortunately not the original vintage ones. Below are how the original vintage ones look, based on a pic from another member's showroom listing.

would that black body be TamTechGear edition too? 

18 hours ago, Hibernaculum said:

Since this is the same kit as sold on Yahoo Japan recently, and since the photos you've posted are the same ones as the Yahoo Japan listing, I'm just wondering - do you physically have the kit in your possession before reselling it?   https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x622493254#enlargeimg

I know baby that’s why this kit I’m willing to go as low as $4500 at first I know someone who says they will sell them for $500 it just becomes a how much can I tie up into this if I wanna make money this was over $800 for the importation and customs, the proxy And (2) Japanese domestic shipments and all their taxes and fees... it’s like holy badword the $2600 yahoo price quickly had an extra $1200 and 3 layers of shipping taxes customs and fees... it’s like I’m at **** near $3800.   So I mean... I’m open to offers of $4500 and I would probably take that at this time which we can all agree is fair. 

***SOLD*** feel free to delete thread TC ... some owners are private about their collections.  Thanks family 

16 hours ago, RestoModGod said:

***SOLD*** feel free to delete thread TC ... some owners are private about their collections.  Thanks family 

It's not a 1:1 McLaren F1, but okay