ThunderDragonCy

Justock ESC vs TBLE02S - Has anyone run both?

Looking for an esc for my TA06. Got a 17.5 brushless and wasjust going to chuck a tble02s in it, but i might have ago an clubracing. Is the Justock a big step up? Anyone run both and got an idea? Thanks! 

I haven't run the Justock,, but I found that the 10BL60 was a significant step up from the TBLE-02, which has very conservative timing and gentle punch. With the same motor and battery, the 10BL60 made a big difference to the performance of my touring car even in blinky mode, so at a guess I would say that the Justock would do the same.

(The TBLE-02 is great for F1 though, where you would want to set the ESC up to be pretty gentle anyway. As my mate said, "You can either buy an expensive ESC and set it up to act like a cheap one, or you can just buy a cheap one.")

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't run the Justock either, but got talking to a clubmember last month and he said the cheap justock is surprisingly good and he runs them in some blinky cars. He also has Tamiya's and runs the TBLE-02S in those (we were talking about the lipo safe mod) so if he thought the TBLE-02S was better he would be running it.

He said the Justock is as good as the Toro TS120 which is a step up from it

Maybe I should put a TBLE-02S in my 2wd based on @TurnipJFs decscription in F1

• Thanks 1

I have both, but haven't tried both in the same car for a direct comparison.

The Justock is in my Kyosho Javelin hooked up to a 13.5t Justock motor. I did try it with 17.5t justock first which took off great but lacked top end with standard gearing. I mainly tried the 17.5t first to see if the ESC got hot ( turned out to be cool as cucumber) as there isn't any room for the fan in the chassis. The ESC still stays cool with continuous running with the 13.5t on 2s Lipo. It's a great ESC and hasn't given any problems. I picked up hobby wing program box to make tuning easy too. The Lipo cut off comes in at storage charge level which is handy.

Not sure if its the same over there but I've seen some 'Plain Box' Juststock ESC's here that are being sold by reputable sellers and appear to be genuine Hobbywing ones but $20-$30 cheaper than normal. Might be worth keeping an eye out as that makes them almost as cheap as a TBLE-02.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

I haven't run the Justock,, but I found that the 10BL60 was a significant step up from the TBLE-02, which has very conservative timing and gentle punch.

Well if by conservative timing you mean no timing or zero timing then that is what is has. Exact same as any other ESC in 'blinky' mode. The punch is very gentle on the TBLE02S, which would be the only difference you'd notice when accelerating versus any other ESC. All punch is, is limiting the rate at which the throttle can change value. So when you slam the throttle trigger down on your radio, the ESC ramps the throttle in slowly to maximum rather than just going straight to full throttle which could unsettle the car. Theoretically you can learn to 'drive around' a slow punch rate of the ESC by getting on the throttle harder and earlier. Limited punch can also help smooth out an erratic driver :).

The main reasons for getting rid of the TBLE for blinky is the lack of an appropriate voltage cut-off for LiPos (unless you mod it, or get a standalone alarm), and ability to alter the 'punch' setting of the acceleration and braking. Oh and the Tamiya battery plug - ditch that for a better high current plug like a 4mm HXT/banana or Xt60. Different ESCs also have different throttle and braking curves which makes them feel subjectively different - i.e. 40% brake/throttle may be the same as 60% on a different ESC, but 100% will always be the same as 100% on any other ESC. Flat out down a straight the TBLE will make as much power as any other ESC, at least for a 17.5t on 2S which is a walk in the park for any half decent esc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nbTMM said:

Well if by conservative timing you mean no timing or zero timing then that is what is has. Exact same as any other ESC in 'blinky' mode. The punch is very gentle on the TBLE02S, which would be the only difference you'd notice when accelerating versus any other ESC. All punch is, is limiting the rate at which the throttle can change value. So when you slam the throttle trigger down on your radio, the ESC ramps the throttle in slowly to maximum rather than just going straight to full throttle which could unsettle the car. Theoretically you can learn to 'drive around' a slow punch rate of the ESC by getting on the throttle harder and earlier. Limited punch can also help smooth out an erratic driver :).

The main reasons for getting rid of the TBLE for blinky is the lack of an appropriate voltage cut-off for LiPos (unless you mod it, or get a standalone alarm), and ability to alter the 'punch' setting of the acceleration and braking. Oh and the Tamiya battery plug - ditch that for a better high current plug like a 4mm HXT/banana or Xt60. Different ESCs also have different throttle and braking curves which makes them feel subjectively different - i.e. 40% brake/throttle may be the same as 60% on a different ESC, but 100% will always be the same as 100% on any other ESC. Flat out down a straight the TBLE will make as much power as any other ESC, at least for a 17.5t on 2S which is a walk in the park for any half decent esc.

Thanks. All my TBLE02S have deans plugs and lipo alarms so i am good with that. You can tune the braking quite finely on the tble02s in brusjless mode, its just the punch you can't. Very good point on the 100% power on that motor. Might well just have a go with the tble02s instead of spend ng out and see where i get to.