nowinaminute

Feeling Disillusioned About My RE-RE BlackFoot

hdmjHQ1.jpg

That... is a great action shot.  Almost poster-worthy, I'd say.   

4 hours ago, Juggular said:

hdmjHQ1.jpg

That... is a great action shot.  Almost poster-worthy, I'd say.   

Thanks! It's amazing that you can take a screen capture from a smartphone video these days and it looks as good as that.

Photography is my other hobby (although I've neglected it terribly since I started playing with toy cars) and it creates a dilemma because I want to be able to drive and take photos at the same time to get the shots I want but it's really difficult! I guess it's cheating a bit but 4k video makes it easy to look out for a good frame and save it as a still image.

The last time I managed to drive/take photos simultaneously I had the TX in my left hand, camera in my right and the telephoto lens resting on the steering wheel on the TX so I could balance the lens and steer at the same time :lol:

It paid off though, managed to get a handful of keepers! 

BRKzJs1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Looks like you’re enjoying the Blackfoot now 👍🏻😉

Definitely! I'm just going to impose a ban on rough concrete and tarmac, especially where turning is involved, and I think we will get on just fine.

Now I can get a Brat too lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That’s just what I did 🤣. The Brat is a lot bouncier that the BF but a nice little runner nonetheless. There are some documented mods for the suspension but I haven’t used it enough yet to decide on changing anything. Nice that the Brat comes with a hard shell & a polycarbonate although you have to swap the rear body mounts over for the appropriate body. 

If I had known, I would have gone for the Blue edition that’s due for release soon as it has black wheels, rollbar, and nudge bar instead of white and dark colour chassis too. 

For me to really enjoy the Blackfoot I need to take out some the slop in the front end and put a cheap gyro in it.