ThunderDragonCy

Hopup ReRe - Top Force Evo Carbon Plates

I was going to say earlier that the title post for this thread is not quite correct as these are the add on carbon fibre chassis kit 53100 which is not the same (writing different) as the original Evo chassis plates. It's not good news for some sellers that have had these up on eBay for eye watering prices. Good for those wanting to hop up a Top Force though.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 5:25 PM, GTodd said:

😓.. and now I don't want it. They are lovely looking, but the writting on The Too Deck is not the same as the original Evo. 

That being said I would be in for a complete Rere EVO regardless of the top deck .

I actually prefer it this way as it stops people trying to sell off re-re evo replicas as original evos.

It's still a genuine Tamiya carbon chassis set and it wouldn't be right to stick an evolution branded top deck on a car that doesn't have all the other evo parts anyway.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rich_8717 said:

I actually prefer it this way as it stops people trying to sell off re-re evo replicas as original evos.

It's still a genuine Tamiya carbon chassis set and it wouldn't be right to stick an evolution branded top deck on a car that doesn't have all the other evo parts anyway.

TThat's really good point. BUT wasn't the evo chassis available as an option?

5 hours ago, GTodd said:

TThat's really good point. BUT wasn't the evo chassis available as an option?

I honestly don't know if they ever sold a set with evolution written on it separately but it doesn't really make sense to ever sell it like that unless you can buy every other evo part separately as well (including the body sets and wheels which I don't think they ever sold).

I have a re-release top force with everything 'evolution' on it except titanium screws and the correct diffs, it even has orange wheels and a replica evo shell, (I built it so I could have an 'evo runner' without feeling guilty about using it), most people would assume it's a real evo at first glance but, although I'm excited to get the carbon chassiis set for it, I still don't want it to say evolution on the top deck because it's not a proper one.

I have to admit it's interesting to me that they have now released most of the Evo parts for the re-re Top Force but in limited numbers. We can effectively build a replica evolution from brand new parts  but only if you've been lucky enough to snag all the bits when they came around. It would have made more sense to me to have put all those parts into a limited run of 'evolution spec' top force kits so the original Evo owners are happy that their models keep their value and the people who want an Evo re-release get mostly what they want instead of being dissapointed when they manage to get a couple of the parts but miss out on the others.

Here's a pic of my replica next to my original one,

48523437937_ae44c8a859_h.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Avante2001R said:

Prices have been jacked up. Was a lot cheaper a few days ago when I got a set.

🤔 Tonys Tamiya parts have predicted a price of £150 😕

10 hours ago, svenb said:

🤔 Tonys Tamiya parts have predicted a price of £150 😕

Lol no surprises there. UK is always double price even after vat and tax it’s cheaper to buy abroad. Mine cost £71 for the chassis, £31 for hicaps, £15 each for Avante race steering set.

I ALMOST want a set now, the have cut out for battery straps for if you want to run saddle packs. 

But I'm good with the Fibrelyte set I have. Post these bueties up when you get them.

On 9/20/2019 at 7:08 PM, GTodd said:

I ALMOST want a set now, the have cut out for battery straps for if you want to run saddle packs. 

But I'm good with the Fibrelyte set I have. Post these bueties up when you get them.

Got another set for my standard top force. 

DDAC4CC0-7926-4402-B2D0-ECD65A0284FC.jpeg

Gorgeous!!! I just picked up some hicaps and Avante Hop Up steering kits too for my Monster Racer and Kingcabs.

Yes, they arena drop in replacement for the factory FRP plates. These are Rere of the option hop up set from back in the day.

4 hours ago, Avante2001R said:

Got another set for my standard top force. 

DDAC4CC0-7926-4402-B2D0-ECD65A0284FC.jpeg

So the Avante Racing Steering Set fits the Top Force too?

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

So the Avante Racing Steering Set fits the Top Force too?

No, he must have an Avante, Egress, or King Can/Monster Racer. 

• Like 1

So is this a half hearted attempt to Rere the EVO in the way the did the Avante 2001?

I WANT an EVO. I had one and sold it! I still regret that choice.

For those that haven't seen, there are a couple of photos of these on the official Tamiya Blog page.

I have to say they don't look that impressive, it's also interesting that the turnbuckles are different from the original Evo ones and the ball connectors are still just the standard 5mm ones where as from the original picture posted in this thread I expected a full set of 6mm ones...

Tamiya-RC-Mini-4WD-photos-from-the-59th-

Tamiya-RC-Mini-4WD-photos-from-the-59th-

TBH I wish I bought a fibre lyte kit instead. Disappointing about the 5mm adjusters and not the proper 6mm Evo ones. 

First shipment is already out at RCMart.  I purchased last night but got a note this morning that they do didn't have any more in stock.  Was able to order them via LHS at a similar price so no great loss in the end.

On 9/16/2019 at 2:54 PM, Avante2001R said:

I actually bought the Evo chassis set.

96F89045-05EE-434B-95B3-97CDFFB4068F.jpeg

Where did you get your evo chassis set from?